Flaming Lips/Lightning Bolt 12"

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone listen to it yet? Loved the Flaming Lips' side, but thought the Lightning Bolt side was lacking, which is weird because I love love love Lightning Bolt, and only think meh of the Flaming Lips.

Thought the Lightning Bolt side sounded like Mindflayer...

Hope I can grab this, but 20 bucks is kind of a lot of one LP.

Is it actually a split? The others have been collaborations if I'm not mistaken.

Also, try Luna Music in Indianapolis when looking for these. They typically set some aside for mail order.

It's a collaboration, but the first two songs (side a) are mainly The Flaming Lips, the last two (side B) are mainly Lightning Bolt. So like half split, half collab.

Anyone listen to it yet? Loved the Flaming Lips' side, but thought the Lightning Bolt side was lacking, which is weird because I love love love Lightning Bolt, and only think meh of the Flaming Lips.

Thought the Lightning Bolt side sounded like Mindflayer...

Hope I can grab this, but 20 bucks is kind of a lot of one LP.

Is it actually a split? The others have been collaborations if I'm not mistaken.

Also, try Luna Music in Indianapolis when looking for these. They typically set some aside for mail order.

It's a collaboration, but the first two songs (side a) are mainly The Flaming Lips, the last two (side B) are mainly Lightning Bolt. So like half split, half collab.

Wayne recorded Lightning Bolt doing a jam before their show in Norman earlier this year. The Lips then used parts of that in their two songs.

Lightning Bolt then took those two songs, stripped out the parts from that live jam, and then added new instrumental parts.

Wayne recorded Lightning Bolt doing a jam before their show in Norman earlier this year. The Lips then used parts of that in their two songs.

Lightning Bolt then took those two songs, stripped out the parts from that live jam, and then added new instrumental parts.

Wayne's a master at making you think he's hand-delivering the only 10 copies that will ever be pressed and then, two weeks later, there are thousands available. My local shop, just this week, ran out of the Neon Indian but still has a bunch of the prefuse available. He also said he's expecting 20 copies of the Lightning Bolt 12". And he could get more if he wanted to.

Not really. Music sites just suck at reporting news.

The problem is that it's been taking more time to print and assemble the jackets than it has to press up the records. They'll get, say, the first 50 all done and then Wayne will take those out to just get the music out there while they're busy getting the rest ready.

Wayne's a master at making you think he's hand-delivering the only 10 copies that will ever be pressed and then, two weeks later, there are thousands available. My local shop, just this week, ran out of the Neon Indian but still has a bunch of the prefuse available. He also said he's expecting 20 copies of the Lightning Bolt 12". And he could get more if he wanted to.

The problem is that it's been taking more time to print and assemble the jackets than it has to press up the records. They'll get, say, the first 50 all done and then Wayne will take those out to just get the music out there while they're busy getting the rest ready.

See! That's good to know. Get that sort of info to me and I'll report it properly. Feel free to give me the scoop on future releases when they come up. Vinylhounds.blogspot.com, @Vhounds, or [email protected]

See! That's good to know. Get that sort of info to me and I'll report it properly. Feel free to give me the scoop on future releases when they come up. Vinylhounds.blogspot.com, @Vhounds, or [email protected]

Will do.

I run this Lips message board, which is usually the best place for up to date release info: http://flaminglips.hoop.la/

Will do.

I run this Lips message board, which is usually the best place for up to date release info: http://flaminglips.hoop.la/

Alright, anyone wanting this, LUNA has it. Here's the email I got just 30 minutes ago:

alright folks!

we have the first (of hopefully a few) shipments in of the FL/LB collab.

we are only taking phone orders.

you can call 317 283 5862 and we will be more than happy to take the first 20 folks and get them sorted out!

IF you are not one of the first, lucky 20--we will be keeping names and info, on file--so we can (hopefully) get you your record, when our second batch arrives.

the cost of the record and for shipping, for US customers, is $25.99

thank you so much for reaching out to us, we really appreciate it!

cheers-the LUNA crew

also, we have a handful of FL/Prefuse 73 back in, too.

I called, the chick said I was the 7th person to call and they only had 20 or so. GET ON IT>>>

Alright, anyone wanting this, LUNA has it. Here's the email I got just 30 minutes ago:

alright folks!

we have the first (of hopefully a few) shipments in of the FL/LB collab.

we are only taking phone orders.

you can call 317 283 5862 and we will be more than happy to take the first 20 folks and get them sorted out!

IF you are not one of the first, lucky 20--we will be keeping names and info, on file--so we can (hopefully) get you your record, when our second batch arrives.

the cost of the record and for shipping, for US customers, is $25.99

thank you so much for reaching out to us, we really appreciate it!

cheers-the LUNA crew

also, we have a handful of FL/Prefuse 73 back in, too.

I called, the chick said I was the 7th person to call and they only had 20 or so. GET ON IT>>>

Thanks for the heads up! I just called and the dude said there were two left and I got one. ONE LEFT. :o

I got another one today. This one is black with a red center.

[image]

I've also uploaded a high-quality rip here: http://www.youtube.com/user/SlowNerveActionBored

If you've only heard the version circulating online over the past few weeks, listen to this one. It's a billion times better sounding.

Alright, here we go...

End of an Ear has them right now and are willing to do mail order! Just call them and ask!

Good Records, Amoeba Records, Reckless Records, Sonic Boom, and Electric Fetus will probably put them on their websites... check!

Grimey's, Origami, Other Music, and Dwelling Spaces absolutely will not! If you don't live near them, don't bother.

[image]