eBay seller issue

c8a9l

I buy something labeled as first press from 200X. When I receive it it's 3rd press from 2010. I sent the seller a message saying this item is not as described. He sent me a message saying in order to return it it has to be unopened and I have to pay shipping. Shall I file a complaint or is this some ridiculous eBay law?

I'm tired of dishonest sellers. If it is clearly not as described then ask them to pay the return shipping as well as issue a refund. If they refuse then I say fuck it, file a claim. This was not an accident - it was a deception that led you to spend your money. If you go to a claim what will likely happen is that it goes to mediation and he will refund you the money and pay the return shipping. You should have no financial obligation if you were mislead in making a purchase.

Try to hash it out politely first then go to a Paypal claim. I always stress civility since 99% of these things can be sorted pretty easily and rationally. That said, if I'm in your shoes I don't want to pay anything for a bad item description.

Good Luck

I've been on the other end of this situation before. I made the mistake of sending out a copy of an album on clear vinyl instead of the clear red copy that I posted on eBay. When the buyer informed me I apologized, shipped him the correct record and paypal'd him more than what it probably cost him to send the clear copy back to me. What the hell is this guy's problem... dude needs to own up.

It's still missing one number AND a picture. Plus the description is not descriptive/incorrect. Cover? You mean jacket? If somebody selling vinyl knows nothing about it, I'm not buying from them.

Helpful hint: "stores" on ebay selling vinyl often lie about what they're selling. It's happened to me twice this year. If it looks sketchy, don't bid. If you do bid, prepare for a headache. That's ebay and that's why we all hate it.

why you even bid/bought anything from that guy is pretty dumb on your part. by reading his feedback instead of just looking at the %, that guy has been deceiving people quite frequently and accepts zero responsibility for it. it also seems like he fights things tooth and nail when it comes to buyers trying to get their money back, return things or expect return shipping to be paid by the seller. all of which sucks for you.

why you even bid/bought anything from that guy is pretty dumb on your part. by reading his feedback instead of just looking at the %, that guy has been deceiving people quite frequently and accepts zero responsibility for it. it also seems like he fights things tooth and nail when it comes to buyers trying to get their money back, return things or expect return shipping to be paid by the seller. all of which sucks for you.

Id don't see any negative responses about deceiving people. I understand Im a idiot for taking a risk that I was getting a good deal when I really knew that it wasn't what was listed. I have a open case right now and hope it can be resolved.

I've had a situation like this before, I bought a polaroid camera off of somebody that claimed it worked on his listing, when in fact, it did not work. I tried to work it out with him, but he clearly hinted that I MUST have broken it 0_o

So i filed a claim and called up ebay. They told me that it was up to the seller if they wanted to send me money to pay for my shipping back to him since it would be considered as a return because the seller was willing to refund me my purchase price upon return of the item. In the end, I had to pay for the 10$ shipping if I wanted my 45$ back that I paid for the camera...

So in the end, I paid, but he got a shitty feedback...