Native - Wrestling Moves on Vinyl (coming soon)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got that same table, daniel. I also have a Numark TT200. I find that most of the time my Numark will not skip where my AT-LP120 does. Also, I find that most of my skipping issues can be solved by upping the tracking force slightly until its gone.

Hoping my second presses will play perfectly. My black copy wasnt that bad just 1 or 2 skips at the begginning of side B

Seems like maroon is the one that skips the least/not at all. That was the one I was gonna order too but I missed out.

Can anyone post a picture of the maroon? I'm not sure the Topshelf photo actually includes it. It looks like its the second press red with black.

That photo posted does not include maroon. The second pressing of the record is clear red with black and clear with black. They both look awesome. The maroon on the first pressing is a solid and has a nice rich feel to it.

Thanks to everyone who has mentioned where they are having audio issues and the brand turntable they are using. We're still trying to sort this out as it's not a contained issue where every copy skips in the same place. These records don't have sawdust or sand everywhere and I swear we didn't take select lps and mess with them. One more thing to ask, anyone who is having issues with their B side, could you see if there are any sort of scratches on it?

The pressing plant mentioned was that it could be a tracking issue on the turntables – actual skips will cause you to see the stylus jump, and will happen in the same spot on every record. They also said that "the rapid fire drums could cause tracking issues on turntables that are either not properly adjusted with their counterweights, or lack the ability to adjust. Vinyl's dynamic range is much more constricted than digital, so whenever there is a recording that has fast changes, it is more of a challenge for the stylus to properly track and play back all of the information in the groove-- especially on the inner part of the record." Basically meaning that Native has indeed rocked your world.

We're still working on figuring out what could be causing the issues and it becomes way more difficult when people are also posting that their records play great.

The pressing plant mentioned was that it could be a tracking issue on the turntables – actual skips will cause you to see the stylus jump, and will happen in the same spot on every record. They also said that "the rapid fire drums could cause tracking issues on turntables that are either not properly adjusted with their counterweights, or lack the ability to adjust. Vinyl's dynamic range is much more constricted than digital, so whenever there is a recording that has fast changes, it is more of a challenge for the stylus to properly track and play back all of the information in the groove-- especially on the inner part of the record." Basically meaning that Native has indeed rocked your world.

so... 1. sorry for posting this now seth and 2. many thanks for your post, it helped:

- i added a little more weight on the needle (2.5 gr.) and adjusted the anti-skate

- played the clear/orange three times again -> NO skipping at all!

- suggest to everybody who has had issues, check your needle weight and correct if lighter than 2.5 gr.

- i am totally fine with the record now and will play it without fearing any skip :)

just my 5cents. thanks for your engagement!

I'm glad the weight method worked for you, hagbard.

It makes me hopeful that I'll be able to avert the skipping issue.

Seems like maroon is the one that skips the least/not at all. That was the one I was gonna order too but I missed out.

Can anyone post a picture of the maroon? I'm not sure the Topshelf photo actually includes it. It looks like its the second press red with black.

That photo posted does not include maroon. The second pressing of the record is clear red with black and clear with black. They both look awesome. The maroon on the first pressing is a solid and has a nice rich feel to it.

Damn it! I want maroon even more now.

They also said that "the rapid fire drums could cause tracking issues on turntables that are either not properly adjusted with their counterweights, or lack the ability to adjust.

I am going to look into the adjustment of the counterweights on my turntable tonight when I get home from work. I am also going to stop by my local record shop and try spinning Side B on a different table.

I will update this post tonight with whether this makes it work for me or not.

yeah, upping the tracking fixed the skipping but it also means there's more weight grinding your needle into your vinyl. that's not a great fix. I have a maroon, I hear plenty of surface noise. not sure what someone is listening through. all the quiet parts have surface noise and sometimes a constant pop on every rotation.

before upping the weight there were spots all over side A that skipped and the last song even got caught in a loop halfway through. now onto side B to see what all the real fuss is about.

Technics SL-1210 M5G

plays fine with double the normal weight I usually use. I think one small skip on side B but nothing major.

It sucks to have to double the weight. I've only had to go that far for a few albums. Not very often. Usually another 1/2 gram or so does it for me. I don't really worry that much about the grinding with a little extra weight.

A good rule of them to know if you really have too much weight is to play the record and cut off your input to the receiver and only listen to the needle acoustically. If it sounds way over-blown and distorted that way, probably back that needle off a bit at least until you have no more obvious distortion.