Best glue to use....

I received a LP in the mail today and the bottom seam of the record sleeve has come loose from the glue that holds it together.

No big deal and I'm not mad, the LP is almost 15 years old.

Anyway, just wanted to get the opinion of the board of whether or not I should attempt to glue it back together and what kind of glue I should use, or just slip it into a plastic sleeve and just leave it as is.

I received a LP in the mail today and the bottom seam of the record sleeve has come loose from the glue that holds it together.

Anyway, just wanted to get the opinion of the board of whether or not I should attempt to glue it back together and what kind of glue I should use, or just slip it into a plastic sleeve and just leave it as is.

Baby batter.

Baby batter.

yukyukyuk

I've glued many sleeves together. Crazy glue works awesome if you make sure you don't get any on the inside of the sleeve. I've never used any other glue, but I cant imagine something like a stick of glue would work.

Yeah, I was thinking super glue as well and just being super careful about it.

Thanks 442

Gluestick isn't the best option, though, because it takes a while to dry and can be inaccurate, but people holding out for crazy glue are in over-kill mode.

oh I'm not holding out for super glue, I was just wondering what other people have done, because this is the first time this has happened to me.

I haul mine out back to the shop weld them.

:^p

Seriously, I've used just about any glue known to man over the years to repair jackets.

Careful accurate application of the sticky stuff is more important than what type of glue, imho.

The nice thing about elmers glue... it's not as non forgiving as superglue if you do apply too much.