Pearl Jam - OST PJ 20 LP?

andi

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local record store......"can you order me PJ20?", ......store,"sure, it's 89.99!"... i thought ok fine i'll do it is a small town small store............i walk in to pick it up yesterday....................that will be 149.99! I said "you stated 89.99 for me when you ordered it".................store,"try and find somewhere else!" basicallly...fuck you. wtf.

The store owner, Cameron Crowe, and PJ can suck a dick about the limited numbers of this vinyl release.

I oredered mine about 2 weeks ago from - http://www.amazon.fr/Twenty-Original-Mot....5450360&sr=8- 1 ok, its all in french (so i could be mistaken) and is expected in 2-4 weeks from what i can gather, my order still hasnt been cancelled and not a bad price at all.

Post if and when it arrives... or if ive just ordered 20 plastic pearl jam jars!!!

• 1 month later...
Did this show up as "in stock" when you ordered? It now shows as "usually ships in 1 to 4 weeks".

Thanks either way.

I ordered one in December when it said out of stock, and just got an update out of the blue that it should be received between 2/21 and 3/9. Then I checked on the site and it showed that they were available for purchase with a 1-4 week shipping time so I posted here.

I think sometimes Amazon finds a couple of boxes or a small shipment of certain albums they just completely forgot about. (obviously just my theory). Since Amazon is so large they probably just sell them close to retail since they might not want to take the extra time to research and see how much they can raise the price and still maintain optimal sales.

I've seen this happen with a Sigur Ros single that is pretty rare. It was in stock for a couple of weeks and then out of stock. I was wary so I didn't order any copies for like 10 bucks ahhh. I must have deduced that I would end up getting the CD or something. Ended up just feeling like an asshole on that one as a collector haha. I didn't want to make the same mistake this time! Thanks again for the heads up.

CANADA RULES!

I think sometimes Amazon finds a couple of boxes or a small shipment of certain albums they just completely forgot about. (obviously just my theory). Since Amazon is so large they probably just sell them close to retail since they might not want to take the extra time to research and see how much they can raise the price and still maintain optimal sales.

they were orig. priced around $44 in november on the Canadian Amazon. they bumped the price to $66 and then they were sold out but still taking orders. this has been on the PJ forum for a few days and here all afternoon and still not sold out -- so I am thinking they must have a massive shipment on the way (considering how many people must have ordered it while it was out of stock too). Maybe they are pressing more??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report we won't be able to obtain the following item from your order:

Pearl Jam "Pearl Jam Twenty Original Motion Picture Soundtrack"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it's not available from any of our sources at this time. We realize this is disappointing news to receive, and we apologize for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We must apologize also for the length of time it's taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we'd still hoped to obtain this item for you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.

Your order is now closed.

• 4 weeks later...

Right so its friday night and PJ20 Documentary is showing on TV. So i thought id scope ebay for some vinyl editions of the soundtrack.... i found this and its fucking sexy - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pearl-Jam-Twenty-20-Soundtrack-Triple-Colored-Vinyl-LP-Red-Green-Blue-Records-/280874327033?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item41656a1bf9

never seen that version before :o