JESU - s/t 2xLP repress

jhulud

[image]

HYH-079-1

JESU - s/t

2xLP

Release Date: October 25th, 2011

Pre-Order starting September 28th

1000 pcs on black, brown, or clear gold vinyl. Repress.

Few albums represent an individual and genre defining milestone as does the self titled debut from Justin Broadrick's Jesu. Combining the considerable sonic weight of Godflesh with brittle melancholy melodies in hypnotic long-form structures, it provided ample evidence of Broadrick's myriad capabilities as a song writer and ceaselessly creative musical innovator. While the eight tracks that comprise the album truly sound like no one else, they also hinted at previously unexplored areas of tenderness and subtlety. Though Jesu went on to mine those more harmonious aspects of its sound on subsequent releases to great effect, none rivaled the debut in its perfectly crafted mixture of beauty, heaviness, hope and despair. Much has happened since the arrival of this album, both for Broadrick as well as the musical world(s) he inhabits, but nothing has diminished the gleaming radiance of this darkened gem.

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahead/product_info.php?products_id=5369&cPath=4_741&store=

Guest deathbydrums

Just got the Jesu - Silver original press with new sleeves edition /200 in the mail today! It is some heavy-ass wax! The clear-grey splatter which looks sick and so do the sleeve and photograph quality inserts! Tempted to get the S/T too.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a copy of this on brown at my local record shop last night, and it came with two copies of the C/D side. i dig the record so far, but i'd like to have the other half, haha. i'm going to contact HH and see what they can do for me. anyone else experience this?