CLUTCH - Blast Tyrant 2LP

Has anyone actually received this? I just got another Amazon email this morning:
We're writing about the order you placed on November 05, 2011. Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Clutch "Blast Tyrant (Double vinyl deluxe edition)"

New Delivery Estimate: March 01, 2012

Can you not read the threads above...seriously

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got an email from amazon yesterday:

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Clutch "Blast Tyrant (Double vinyl deluxe edition)"

New Delivery Estimate: March 23, 2012 - April 12, 2012

allow me to rant here:

Weathermaker needs to get their sh!t together because this is f'n bullsh!t.

If you start talk of a pre-order in October for a December release, then you should honor that date. If you got more pre-orders than albums pressed, then fine; release the ones you have enough for at that orginal date and then do another pressing.

If the amount of pre-orders made for Blast Tyrant caught the band/label completely by surprise, then they aren't paying attention to their fans very well. (insert rant from any first-album fan).

If the whole pre-order excercise was just to see how many needed to be made, then that's just wrong. Don't say you have them ready when you don't. I know a lot of people here thought this would be arriving in time for xmas gifts. Oh well.

ok - rant over. back to supporting the band i've liked for nearly 20 years again.

allow me to rant here:

Weathermaker needs to get their sh!t together because this is f'n bullsh!t.

If you start talk of a pre-order in October for a December release, then you should honor that date. If you got more pre-orders than albums pressed, then fine; release the ones you have enough for at that orginal date and then do another pressing.

If the amount of pre-orders made for Blast Tyrant caught the band/label completely by surprise, then they aren't paying attention to their fans very well. (insert rant from any first-album fan).

If the whole pre-order excercise was just to see how many needed to be made, then that's just wrong. Don't say you have them ready when you don't. I know a lot of people here thought this would be arriving in time for xmas gifts. Oh well.

ok - rant over. back to supporting the band i've liked for nearly 20 years again.

It seemed to go smoothly for those who actually pre-ordred from weathermaker. I think anyone who pre-ordered it from weathermaker got it in a reasonable time.

Perhaps its Amazons communication to the label to blame?

• 3 weeks later...

good lord. you guys need to order from In Vinyl We Trust if you're not ordering label/band direct, dude doesn't fuck around. you'll get your records WELL packed and for a respectable price. and i don't work for the distro at all, but i've been buying tons of records at the best prices. stop fucking around with Amazon, they've never had their shit together on ANY vinyl releases and ship them in big boxes and destroy your shit with seam splits. it's not worth it.

.com. look, i'd much rather buy all my records straight from the label or from quality distros, but when international shipping costs more than the actual record, those $$$ add up. if i were rich.....but i aint, so i tend to get a lot of stuff through amazon.com. they charge, like $7 shipping for one record, and then $1 for each additional record in the order. and there's very little quibbling if the stuff arrives damaged. send a photo or 2 and they'll replace and sometimes credit & replace.

if there's particular variants or whatever, then i go to the label. but if i dont care about colours, limited-ness or whatnot, amazon.com does me (if they have it available).

another example. new WITTR was $26 shipped. southern lord had it close to $50. mate, just can't say no to that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got mine in the other day, and i can see/hear where burntwolf is coming from. LP1 does indeed sound a bit noisy and certainly not very clear. it borders on being irritating to listen to, but maybe that's coz i know the album note-for-note, go-to-whoa. listened to the CD a million times, so maybe i'm being too critical.

LP2 seems to be better though. that bonus track is very cool too.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. During the whole song "The Regulator" there is a strong background noise which I never heard on the CD. At many times the "s" sounds distorted and I know it's not my turntable/cartridge setup.

It is weird because "Strange Cousins From The West" sounded great in my opinion.

LP2 is slightly better sounding.

got mine in the other day, and i can see/hear where burntwolf is coming from. LP1 does indeed sound a bit noisy and certainly not very clear. it borders on being irritating to listen to, but maybe that's coz i know the album note-for-note, go-to-whoa. listened to the CD a million times, so maybe i'm being too critical.

LP2 seems to be better though. that bonus track is very cool too.