Major Labels and Variants

ugh really? i still don't understand the concept of variants.. these are god damn records people! you know ones for listening! these aren't baseball cards that are meant to sit in a goddamn box for 20 years... you variant collectors are the reason people who want to simply enjoy music are paying top dollar for an album they want to listen to on vinyl

When an album is pressed on yellow I actually like hearing the yellow. Just sayin.

"When an album is pressed on yellow I actually like hearing the yellow."

victimofadriveby = Moonbeams???

Yeah dude how did you know? I make threads all the time about electric pressings, vinyl aesthetic beauty, and pressings to avoid. That totally equals comments dripping with internet sarcasm. Good shit Sherlock!

"When an album is pressed on yellow I actually like hearing the yellow."

victimofadriveby = Moonbeams???

Yeah dude how did you know? I make threads all the time about electric pressings, vinyl aesthetic beauty, and pressings to avoid. That totally equals comments dripping with internet sarcasm. Good shit Sherlock!

Yeesh - tough crowd/thread, but then "you play in the mud, you get dirty".

Seriously though, there needs to be an appendix to Muphry's Law, wherein a critique of someone's lack of humor sheds an equal amount of light on the critic's deficiency in same.

+1 for the Brandon Bird avatar.

Yeesh - tough crowd/thread, but then "you play in the mud, you get dirty".

Seriously though, there needs to be an appendix to Muphry's Law, wherein a critique of someone's lack of humor sheds an equal amount of light on the critic's deficiency in same.

+1 for the Brandon Bird avatar.

ugh really? i still don't understand the concept of variants.. these are god damn records people! you know ones for listening! these aren't baseball cards that are meant to sit in a goddamn box for 20 years... you variant collectors are the reason people who want to simply enjoy music are paying top dollar for an album they want to listen to on vinyl

When an album is pressed on yellow I actually like hearing the yellow. Just sayin.

It's like bananas pouring out of the speakers.

Lends credence to the ding dongs theory. ;)

It's like bananas pouring out of the speakers.

Lends credence to the ding dongs theory. ;)

I don't know man. It's a real bummer when you just want a copy of a record and can't afford it because some dolt is sitting on 10 copies of it.

If someone has a bunch of copies then its likely a pretty big pressing with a lot of copies to go around and probably spread over multiple pressings. So a person would have probably had a few chances to buy whatever record. No matter how many get pressed, everything goes out of print...at least for a while.

I don't know man. It's a real bummer when you just want a copy of a record and can't afford it because some dolt is sitting on 10 copies of it.

If someone has a bunch of copies then its likely a pretty big pressing with a lot of copies to go around and probably spread over multiple pressings. So a person would have probably had a few chances to buy whatever record. No matter how many get pressed, everything goes out of print...at least for a while.

For as long as records have been produced, there has been people buying/collecting variants. Remember back in the day that pretty much every country had it's own pressing.

Saying you can't buy 1 copy because I have 10 is batshit crazy. If there was only 10 copies ever made, okay. But your argument is a joke. As is deriding someone that enjoys collecting. With everything in the world, not everyone will think the same about it.

One mans pleasure is another's pain

For as long as records have been produced, there has been people buying/collecting variants. Remember back in the day that pretty much every country had it's own pressing.

Saying you can't buy 1 copy because I have 10 is batshit crazy. If there was only 10 copies ever made, okay. But your argument is a joke. As is deriding someone that enjoys collecting. With everything in the world, not everyone will think the same about it.

One mans pleasure is another's pain