Make Do and Mend Acoustic EP

Don't quite know what "The Wave" is that your talking about but I for one can't stand La Dispute and love Make Do And Mend so I stand by my its butchered statement because for some reason is really tough to listen to that version Unknowingly Strong.

The Wave is what people called La Dispute, Touche Amore, Pianos Become The Teeth, Make Do & Mend, Defeater...other bands in that group. Make Do & Mend was the only band I liked out of them (Touche isn't horrendous) and I liked MD&M because they didn't sound like the rest of The Wave...that stuff irritates me. I think that's why the acoustic re-imaginings don't bother me, I liked the more 'mellowness' to MD&M to begin with.

I like all these bands but never heard this kind of stuff called The Wave. MD&M dont really sound anything like those other bands (i know they did a split with TA), MD&M sound more like Hot Water Music than those other bands listed. Id take MD&M out of there and put Balance and Composure in that group.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wave is what people called La Dispute, Touche Amore, Pianos Become The Teeth, Make Do & Mend, Defeater...other bands in that group. Make Do & Mend was the only band I liked out of them (Touche isn't horrendous) and I liked MD&M because they didn't sound like the rest of The Wave...that stuff irritates me. I think that's why the acoustic re-imaginings don't bother me, I liked the more 'mellowness' to MD&M to begin with.

I like all these bands but never heard this kind of stuff called The Wave. MD&M dont really sound anything like those other bands (i know they did a split with TA), MD&M sound more like Hot Water Music than those other bands listed. Id take MD&M out of there and put Balance and Composure in that group.

I agree, I only discovered 'The Wave' after I heard Make Do & Mend...and I was let down by all those bands. Not my thing.

EDIT: I believe (don't follow the bands much, so I'm not sure) that the grouping comes from those bands coming up together, less about the sound, even though most of them sound similar.

From P+P's facebook:

For those who ordered Make Do And Mend's Part and Parcel EP or any of the new Black Friday records: We were supposed to see these records in on Wednesday, but they were delayed and we're getting them today, in a couple of hours. So if you did that preorder or bought the new BF records, your order will ship early next week! Thanks for your patience.

thank you sir

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Got my clock version in the mail. REALLY bummed on whoever thought that was an ok way to pack and ship a record. It was put into a larger box diagonally and I had to cut the box as it was jammed in sideways so hard. Every edge of the sleeve is completely worn and bent in.

That's P+P for you. Email them and let them know. Lately they've been good at responding to email's so hopefully they get back to you. Hopefully mine is in better shape when it gets here!