Black Friday 2011 Releases

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so a bunch of re-released crap that never went out of print and no one asked for, cool!

So. Fucking. This.

Record store day isn't just for people who remember a Roosevelt administration.

How about these 3 releases then:

From FEAR, a one-time pressing exclusive 7" of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (acoustic) b/w "Another Christmas Beer."

The first full-length release of all-new, original material in nearly a decade from the Misfits. "The Devil's Rain" features limited edition variant covers.

7" split between All That Remains and Jasta (Jamey Jasta of Hatebreed/Kingdom of Sorrow) with artwork by Mike D of Killswitch Engage. Limited to 1000.

So. Fucking. This.

From FEAR, a one-time pressing exclusive 7" of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (acoustic) b/w "Another Christmas Beer."

The first full-length release of all-new, original material in nearly a decade from the Misfits. "The Devil's Rain" features limited edition variant covers.

7" split between All That Remains and Jasta (Jamey Jasta of Hatebreed/Kingdom of Sorrow) with artwork by Mike D of Killswitch Engage. Limited to 1000.

Oh boy, one record by an old punk band and two records by shitty punk bands.

Have you listened to any of these bands? Or are you intentionally using the DAD definition of punk?

So. Fucking. This.

So, from a band that once releasead a 45 called, "FUCK Christmas", now they are wishing me a "merry" one? I hope that's a joke, because if it isn't it just IS.

So. Fucking. This.

This release just sounds completely frivolous.

Have you listened to any of these bands? Or are you intentionally using the DAD definition of punk?

I like Fear, love Danzig-era Misfits, hate bands like All That Remains, never heard of Jasta.

What's the DAD definition of punk?

Prrrretty sure that RSD is for those who remember -if not Roosevelt- at least Carter. The labels churning out these 'exclusives' could really give a shit what some broke college kids want. They're looking to hook the same demographic that buys Mo-Fi inners for their $140 reissue of a U2 record*, ie those with real disposable income.

For certain shops, RSD is great - they make a killing on some no-brainer stock which keeps the doors open so they can carry/sell a niche product the other 364. For smaller labels, they can rush or delay a release date to piggyback on RSD insanity in hopes of clearing out some stock, which is also awesome in that it facilitates future releases.

By and large though, the RSD releases are shit. Either they're totally unnecessary (omg a 4x10" of a record that was overrated when it came out 20 years ago, & yawn-inducing when it was reissued 2 weeks ago), idiotically limited (an RSD release under 200 copies isn't a record, it's a press release for iTunes), or ..um, ..ironically "limited" (ie all that crap from 2 years ago you can STILL find at most shops >> looking at YOU, 'Soft Pack 7" box set' et al).

rant over. tl;dr, i know.

I like Fear, love Danzig-era Misfits, hate bands like All That Remains, never heard of Jasta.

I'd say those are two shitty releases by old punk bands and one shitty release by a shitty metal band. The dad definition of punk is anything aggressive. Like calling all that remains a punk band.

I'd say those are two shitty releases by old punk bands and one shitty release by a shitty metal band. The dad definition of punk is anything aggressive. Like calling all that remains a punk band.

Oh, okay. My mistake.