Halloween for parents (pros and cons)

Not to go off on a tangent about hating Christmas and all that, but for me personally, I've always loved Halloween more - I'm sure alot of this has to do with one taking place during a more preferred season of the year as well - I'm not going to argue that one has less commercial bullshit being mined than the other because they're both pretty bad in that department, but I just feel like Halloween is more universally FUN than Christmas. It's not as serious and it leaves more room for activities than the usual toil of going to a relative's house, opening unwanted gifts and sitting around bored while everyone else watches the game on the TV.

You can decide whether I'm speaking from my current adult perspective or the one I held as a kid...

Not to go off on a tangent about hating Christmas and all that, but for me personally, I've always loved Halloween more - I'm sure alot of this has to do with one taking place during a more preferred season of the year as well - I'm not going to argue that one has less commercial bullshit being mined than the other because they're both pretty bad in that department, but I just feel like Halloween is more universally FUN than Christmas. It's not as serious and it leaves more room for activities than the usual toil of going to a relative's house, opening unwanted gifts and sitting around bored while everyone else watches the game on the TV.

You can decide whether I'm speaking from my current adult perspective or the one I held as a kid...

Oh you just hate Jesus now, that's why you prefer Halloween over Christmas.

Guest mellietronx
There's a zine emporium up the street from my house that sells them for 25 cents a piece. Some of them are hilarious.

Oh yeah. I totally forgot about those. Some of them are kinda scary.

I remember being handed this:

[image]

It's a zine comic about Jack Chick. Having gone to college in Florida I used to get a ton of these handed to me and always accepted them for their laugh value. Now all I get are badly drawn xeroxed "Jews for Jesus" comics at the Herald Square subway stop - they don't really compare.

http://www.chick.com/default.asp

Ok - the video about giving Chick Comics for Halloween is priceless.

As to a Pro for Halloween:

My town just had the annual kids Halloween Parade. 1000+ kids with their parents marching up main street was amazing. My son is only 16 months so it was a long walk. To avoid that we attached a basket with ET in it to the front of his push-tricycle and dressed him up like Elliot. Worked out great.

no it hasn't happened yet, but i fear jacks video might change things. i like to take my kids to the fancy neighborhoods so they can get the best stuff, but those places are also chock full of republicans and god folk.

we got a handful of chocolate crosses last year, i thought that was kinda weird.

really the best part of haloween with parents is seeing hot moms dress up. one of my local hot moms is dressing up as Louise Belcher from Bob's Burgers (the youngest daughter). it shall be epic.

sounds amazing.

and per chick tracts: were all zombies. the spirit inside us is dead, thanks to adam.