Theres a Melvins - Houdini bootleg out there!

How are the bootleggers doing the fans a favor by ripping of their beloved artists and labels and making a shitty sounding bootleg? That has the be the most asinine comment I've ever heard to justify a bootleg.

However I do agree that they should reissue it considering the originals go for a lot of money, but when that album was released hardly anyone was buying vinyl, hence the rarity. With as much as Melvins fans LOVE vinyl, I'm surprised they haven't done a big LP box set of all their studio LPs much the way that Isis and Mastodon did at one point. Though could you imagine how much it would have to cost if they did?

Bootleggers are shitbags, they don't do anyone a favor by pressing up shitty sounding/fake records. There's about a half million various Beatles bootleg color vinyl LPs floating around, are you going to tell me they did the fans a favor because they haven't reissued Beatles LPs enough over the last 50 years?

Bootleggers are shitbags, they don't do anyone a favor by pressing up shitty sounding/fake records. There's about a half million various Beatles bootleg color vinyl LPs floating around, are you going to tell me they did the fans a favor because they haven't reissued Beatles LPs enough over the last 50 years?

Not to defend the bootleggers, but you just compared the beatles to a band like the melvins?!?

Guest deathbydrums
This just showed up on our shop's "import" order list, so we went and threw like 5+ in our cart.

I'm gonna grab one when it shows up, hopefully it's of decent quality. For the cheap cost that it is it'll be worth it either way though.

Don't know how to pm on here... would love to own this on vinyl! Message me if you can help me out or if you'd like to trade. I'd be greatly appreciative! Thanks for considering.

P.S. I'm from Canada too.

Not to defend the bootleggers, but you just compared the beatles to a band like the melvins?!?

Why not? They are both awesome.

Agreed they are both awesome. But they are apples and oranges when you talk about the record market for both bands. How many records have the Melvins sold and how many have the Beatles sold? I'd be willing to bet that if the Melvins LPs were officially repressed then we wouldn't see anyone bootlegging them. Plus, there are fans who can't afford to pay $100 for an original Houdini on the used market. Does any of the profit go to the band? no

Agreed they are both awesome. But they are apples and oranges when you talk about the record market for both bands. How many records have the Melvins sold and how many have the Beatles sold? I'd be willing to bet that if the Melvins LPs were officially repressed then we wouldn't see anyone bootlegging them. Plus, there are fans who can't afford to pay $100 for an original Houdini on the used market. Does any of the profit go to the band? no

There were millions pressed of the beatles records, and they constantly get repressed yet people still bootleg them. There weren't millions pressed of the Melvins records, but people bootlegged them. The point you seem to be missing is that bootleggers are sleazy bastards who never once do something "for the fans", they are doing it to make a quick buck. The bootlegger isn't sending a royalty check to the melvins for their cut of the profits. So the analogy of paying 100 bucks on ebay for an original and having it not go to the band is exactly the same thing as buying this new shitty bootleg. The different being the original sounds better and the band did get paid once when that original was initially sold.

It isn't apples and oranges. Bootlegs are always the same rotten apples. The only difference is there are a smaller number of suckers that will buy a Melvins bootleg over a beatles bootleg.

And I guess I'm alone in the fact that if I want something on vinyl I want an original copy or a legit reissue. I could never "settle" for a bootleg copy because in my mind I know it isn't "real" and it is inferior. I'd rather "settle" for just the CD version if I can't find an original for an affordable price.

What does "qft" mean? I guess I'm not "internet savvy" enough (ie: my use of the English language hasn't been dumbed down enough to know what qft means).

• 2 months later...