EBAY: Copeland - Beneath Medicine Tree (LOT+Test)

firstwefall

Copeland - Beneath Medicine Tree x6 (Test Press) on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Copeland-BENEATH-MEDICINE-TREE-x6-test-press-vinyl-record-sunshine-motion-/120799410247?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1c2034b847

This is not my record lot so please don't ask me how much I want or send offers.

I'm just jealous I can't afford it and felt like maybe somebody on here would like it and can.

I'm not to sure as to what is so funny. I'm sure he is telling me he paid much more than he did

He didn't pay $400 for that test. The fact that he'd tell you that is funny.

i do remember there was a charity auction and it was the first time a test had gone for sale, and it went for some crazy amount. not sure it was $400, but it may have been pretty close.

What's up, I'm the guy selling this

I have two copies of the test press by AFS. One is #8/10, the other is #1/10. I don't need 7 copies of this record so I'm selling 6 of them and keeping the rarest (which in my mind is a test press labeled #1/10). I appreciate the "call out" on eBay and VC, but I'm not being deceptive towards anyone.

Also, $400 is not a lot of money when you think about the hundreds of thousands of lives that were shattered by that earthquake. RJ was generous to donate that money for the test press for Haiti and I'm glad there were a couple bidders who were passionate about giving back and about the band Copeland like myself.

If you think the price is high then I will gladly accept offers. However I spent a small fortune on this and would very much like to get a little cash back on the investment. The 180g routinely goes for $100 and this is every variant in the discography. The price may not be worth it to you, but it's worth it to some people.

Thanks

I have two copies of the test press by AFS. One is #8/10, the other is #1/10. I don't need 7 copies of this record so I'm selling 6 of them and keeping the rarest (which in my mind is a test press labeled #1/10). I appreciate the "call out" on eBay and VC, but I'm not being deceptive towards anyone.

Also, $400 is not a lot of money when you think about the hundreds of thousands of lives that were shattered by that earthquake. RJ was generous to donate that money for the test press for Haiti and I'm glad there were a couple bidders who were passionate about giving back and about the band Copeland like myself.

If you think the price is high then I will gladly accept offers. However I spent a small fortune on this and would very much like to get a little cash back on the investment. The 180g routinely goes for $100 and this is every variant in the discography. The price may not be worth it to you, but it's worth it to some people.

Thanks

You can't buy a charity item and expect a return near your investment. There's a reason it's a charity: because you pay more than it would normally go for. A Copeland test hasn't gone for more than $100.

Thanks

Almost 100% sure I sold you my /100 copy. maybe another variant. I really dont care. I own multiple copies of various test presses so I understand. But according to AFS feedback on ebay you bought 2 copies of Beneath Test. 1 for $100 and 1 for $77 and according to someone posted in this thread you claimed to buy one for $400. Thats pretty nuts dude. But if you did "donate" $400 for a Copeland Test and a good cause then kudos to you.

You can't buy a charity item and expect a return near your investment. There's a reason it's a charity: because you pay more than it would normally go for. A Copeland test hasn't gone for more than $100.

Sure it has: http://www.popsike.com/Copeland-Beneath-Medicine-Tree-LP-TEST-PRESSING/330566950691.html

But keep in mind that every other auction has not been advertised well at all. They've only been left up for auction for 3 or 5 days (as opposed to the default 7 days), the auction titles are short and the vinyl are hard to find even if you're actively searching for them every week. I think most people would agree that the previous two were steals. Many people who were interested in bidding never knew they were there.

Obviously, I don't plan to get my donation back - which is why I had no problem donating in the first place. It's an added bonus that I got a cool record that was instrumental in creating one of my favorite albums of all time.

Again, if this doesn't sell - it's not a big deal, I love this band. If it does, I'm glad someone can reap the benefits of the time it took for me to track down a couple of rare records.

Sure it has: http://www.popsike.com/Copeland-Beneath-Medicine-Tree-LP-TEST-PRESSING/330566950691.html

But keep in mind that every other auction has not been advertised well at all. They've only been left up for auction for 3 or 5 days (as opposed to the default 7 days), the auction titles are short and the vinyl are hard to find even if you're actively searching for them every week. I think most people would agree that the previous two were steals. Many people who were interested in bidding never knew they were there.

Obviously, I don't plan to get my donation back - which is why I had no problem donating in the first place. It's an added bonus that I got a cool record that was instrumental in creating one of my favorite albums of all time.

Again, if this doesn't sell - it's not a big deal, I love this band. If it does, I'm glad someone can reap the benefits of the time it took for me to track down a couple of rare records.

I misspoke, I should, doesn't usually. And here's popsike to prove it:

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=copeland+test&x=0&y=0

Like I said originally, $200-250 is what that lot would go for if it were started at $1.

you should donate that entire lot to user TiredChildren. I know he's looking for the 180g black version, and I'm sure he'd be into a test pressing.

He was more instrumental in creating one of your favorite albums of all time than anyone else on this board.

Thanks for the heads up! If I may ask, what was his contribution to the album?