Everything about Fest is awesome except...

yankees

ha. Even though Florida is where most people from Jew Jersey go to die, it's still the south. Whiney yankees probably want thorough car inspections or an effective department of child services too. Be sure to take a bag of oranges for the trip back to Canuckistan, comrade.

jew jersey? what?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha. Even though Florida is where most people from Jew Jersey go to die, it's still the south. Whiney yankees probably want thorough car inspections or an effective department of child services too. Be sure to take a bag of oranges for the trip back to Canuckistan, comrade.

jew jersey? what?

oops. the j is near the n. However, everyone from new jersey is automatically 1/4 jewish and italian. i like borscht and zeppoli.

jew jersey? what?

oops. the j is near the n. However, everyone from new jersey is automatically 1/4 jewish and italian. i like borscht and zeppoli.

borscht is most definitely not a jewish dish, just eastern and central european. there aren't really that many jews there anymore, they were all killed during the pogroms by tsarists in the 1880s-1900s or hitler in WW2 or emigrated to the US (like my family, to new jersey) after enduring all of that shit. learn something before you backtrack.

and cannoli is definitely better than zeppole. zeppole is more of a peninsular italian dish, not sicilian (sicily is where most italians in NJ and the US are from). we won't split hairs on that one.

borscht is most definitely not a jewish dish, just eastern and central european. there aren't really that many jews there anymore, they were all killed during the pogroms by tsarists in the 1880s-1900s or hitler in WW2 or emigrated to the US (like my family, to new jersey) after enduring all of that shit. learn something before you backtrack.

and cannoli is definitely better than zeppole. zeppole is more of a peninsular italian dish, not sicilian (sicily is where most italians in NJ and the US are from). we won't split hairs on that one.

yes, borscht is not a strictly jewish dish, but many jews emigrated from eastern and central Europe where it is commonly eaten. I have had it at many a Hanukkah meal. Besides, i wasn't about to put down gefilte fish because it is not very good.

I will have to respectfully disagree about the cannoli vs. zeppoli debate. zeppoli are delicious. I would eat them by the bag full at the Italian Festival in Scotch Plains. i wish i had some now.

You can still smoke in a lot of places in Pittsburgh. I hate it!

The thing that bothers me most is that it makes you smell so foul and your clothes too. When I come home from the bars some nights I strip down and Febreeze the hell out of my clothes.

It's so bad at this one bar down the street from my place that I have to shower afterwards because I smell so awful.