VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Awesome. When is your wedding, Scott? Mine's in November. My fiancee is coming out to a Sigur Ros song, and like i said above, i have a few options but haven't decided on one yet.

EDIT: And though i wouldn't do it, i think it would be funny for a groom to come out to HBK's "Sexy Boy"

October 6. We're definitely planning on having one of my groomsmen walk out to the Stone Cold theme, and he will definitely be tossed beers as well.

Yeah, last night's Raw was a bit of a letdown from last week's show. i didn't even make it to the main event. i liked the Cena/Lesnar brawl, but i am really quite surprised that they are fighting at Extreme Rules. i thought for sure they would build the feud until Summerslam. Maybe they are going to have Lesnar feud with as many people as he can during his year back. i am interested in seeing where they go with his alliance with Johhny/Otunga. From what i've read, they are going to have Lord Tensai be Johnny's body guard, so that would be an interesting stable. We'll see what happens, though.

i was glad that Funkasaurus had an actual match. Not so glad that he kind of squashed Ziggler. In my opinion, Ziggler/Swagger should be the tage champions (not that those belts matter anymore). i also like the Big Show/Cody feud and how Show has turned it around on Cody. Other than that, nothing really stood out to me.

The thing you have to remember about Lesnar is that he's not going to be at a lot of events. His main reason for leaving the WWE in the first place was that he hated the constant travel. His contract is structured around a couple TV apperances a month. So now that they have the match set for Extreme Rules I wouldn't be surprised to see him until the PPV.

Lord Tensai needs to disappear. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I would not be surprised if the crowd sound was muted. You can tell by what creative had D-Bryan do on Smackdown last week that the WWE brass do not want the YES! chants to continue. I'm guessing because they would effectively make Bryan a face.

If i were booking, i'd definitely be tempted to try a double turn with Sheamus and D. Bry. With Bryan getting cheered and Sheamus acting like a heel with the sneak attack at WM and the attack on the ref last week, it sort of seems like they are hinting at it. Not sure what they are going to do with it, but i thought it was interesting.

Good lord that was bad last night. The crowd was absolutely dead except for booing the Three Stooges.

I did like the fact that Cena came right out and slapped Brock instead of dancing around it for another year like the Rock, but the show went downhill fast after that. Im also glad I paid for WM to have the HIAC recapped entirely with audio and video the next week.

dunno what you guys are all on- i thought it was a great episode.

did find a couple flaws though...

the entire roster is willing to come out to keep cena and lesnar from a fair fight.

and at least a handful of refs make an appearance to get jericho off punk.

but not one person arrives at the aid of the rag doll being dismantled and face crushed by tensai? come on..

another little thing that bothered me was the absence of the rock. it doesnt make sense... all that talk about respect and how beating cena was what it took to get back to the top. and now that cenas getting demolished, youd think that the rock would step in to keep it from happening. i know that in terms of pro-wrestling, this is idiotic... but again, it just furthers the idea that the wwe writers expect you to just forget about everything that theyre not covering in current video packages.

loved funkasaurus in a real match. the post-match stare down ass-shake was priceless.

and this match made me think, that with the amount of talent currently on the roster, this is the perfect opportunity to recreate the tag division. swag & zig are a great tandem, and it works really well with dolphs character. gives him a lot of time to sit on the sidelines and still let his character shine.

for the last couple months ive heard a lot of people say "this is the best ive seen from cena in a while", and its not surprising. but last night, he really shined, mostly in his backstage segment with johnny. making demands, having angry passion, and making legitimate points for his anger. he and lesnar are doing a fantastic job of making me believe that they really fucking hate each other, and thats already serving this feud well. maybe cena isnt quite "heel", but we definitely saw a different side of him last night.

and i wish they werent immediately following clay's squash rise with tensai's, because it already feels a little stale. but it makes sense- it gives the viewer a chance to see how powerful he is, and how devastating his moves are. this way, itll make sense when he face-hands randy orton and destroys him.

i did hear a couple faint YES chants, but im gonna believe they were hushed by the programming. if that crowd was good enough to get an albert chant going, im sure they were on top of the YESs... especially after how many YES signs there were in the first few rows.

oh, and it also doesnt help that they didnt bother to put him on their program again.

also- im wondering if the "People Power" era is more than advertised. maybe, just maybe, the writing staff is actually taking the gripes of the fanbase seriously, and listening to their critics.

between cena's blood (and even him addressing it with johnny), and jericho dumping beer all over the ring- it seemed like we got a bit of an attitude era tease.

I really liked raw. I thought they did a good job with the Lesnar/Cena feud. I am not a big fan of Cena and his 3 moves of doom but it was good to see some anger and attitude from him. His stf on Otunga was one of the best I have seen from him. I agree though they should bring back the tag team division. I think they have some guys who wold make good teams. A first I didn't like Brutus but each week he grows on me. I hope his promos are like Dustys too. I don't think Tensai is gonna last. I don't think anyone is buying it and I never liked him anyway. The Cm Punk/Jericho feud just keeps getting better and I am curious what happens at the next pay per view with them.

another little thing that bothered me was the absence of the rock. it doesnt make sense.

It makes perfect sense. He's not signed to the WWE roster. He signed a deal where he'll make certain apperances at certain tv events and certain PPVs.

i dont mean the dwayne johnson. i mean The Rock. last we saw, he was fresh off a year long feud with cena, and instead of him being the one to come out to close last weeks show, it was the war machine.

yeah, i know its not his business to get involved, but what its suggesting is that rock's appearance to start last weeks show was "oh hey guys! so since were in miami, im just gonna go home after this for a few weeks. oh, but im coming back at some point, and ill probably want the title." and then left the arena, and hasnt witnessed a thing thats gone down since.

thats ugly.

youre such an ass...

im looking at this objectively as a wrestling fan- as the viewer of the universe that theyve created. this has nothing to do with weed. its about expecting people to act proportionately to the situations that they exist in.

i understand his fucking contract. this has nothing to do with a fucking contract. it has everything to do with the kid who grew up watching wrestling his whole life whose now a bit more grown up, and no longer hanging on to everything that happens as being real. of course he understands where its fake, but whether or not he finds it believable is whats going to keep him from jumping ship or continuing to watch.

and im not talking about myself there. the way you read things, i know i need to clarify.

Anyone watch Super LIVE Smackdown LIVE on Scyfy LIVE this Tuesday night last night? It was LIVE!

The Blast from the Past gimmick didn't really do much to advance the show; kind of reminded me of the Christmas episode they did back in December (Orton vs. Otunga in a Christmas present of DOOM match). i kind of figured Cowboy Bob Orton would get destroyed once i saw Kane come on the big screen. At least it adds a reason for Orton and Kane to feud now, about a month too late.

i think my favorite part of the night was Ryback's insane clothesline on the jobber; kid sold it like he got hit by a cannonball. Ryback's arm taunt for the next 1.5 minutes was weird, though.

And the Mick Foley/Jimmy Hart thing made zero sense, but i still mark for Jimmy Hart. i wish Mick Foley would do something when he comes on now. He is one of my favorites, but his last few appearances have been lacking.

Super excited to see how the 2 out of 3 falls match between Sheamus and D. Bry pans out. It has to be better than Mania, right? RIGHT?!

What part of The Rock's contract don't you understand? He's off shooting a movie. Pretty sure Cena took shots at him for this fact leading up to Wrestlemania (pretty much every week).

You seriously need to lay off the weed.

We get it. You read dirt sheets. You consider yourself an "insider." Congratulations on knowing the ins and outs of the business! How'd that Cody Rhodes/Big Show WM squash match that you were talking about forever go, by the way?

I didnt watch last night as the live episodes almost always are a let down on smackdown. After reading about it, it seems the only thing I would care for was Ryback, and that was a squash. Between him, Tensai and Clay, Im a little over the squash matches. I dont think its good to have two guys squashing nobodies at the same time. That being said, I hope they remedy it with cutting Tensai. Good god, he is no better now than he was before he left. Did they really think he would be able to hack it now at 40 when they cut him when he was 30ish? If they want the gimmick so bad, give it to an FCW guy.

What part of The Rock's contract don't you understand? He's off shooting a movie. Pretty sure Cena took shots at him for this fact leading up to Wrestlemania (pretty much every week).

You seriously need to lay off the weed.

We get it. You read dirt sheets. You consider yourself an "insider." Congratulations on knowing the ins and outs of the business! How'd that Cody Rhodes/Big Show WM squash match that you were talking about forever go, by the way?

Creative switched the Bryan v. Shaemous match to the squash. Duh.

I'm not saying I'm any kind of insider. The exact reasons why I did not want to see The Rock come back are exactly what you guys are talking about. They can not build a legit feud with a guy who is a movie star, because at the end of the day he has to leave and go shoot his movies. It's stupid. The only reason Vince brought the rock back is for the payday, and he's left fans (like Ry and others) high and dry. The Rock coming back for Mania is pretty much all of the reasons I hate the WWE rolled into one. I could go on for hours about this, but I won't.