VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Anybody watch any of the WWE DVDs that are on Netflix? i've been watching the Ladder Match 2 DVD. i watched the Beth Phoenix/Katie Lea ladder match from OVW and was wishing they would let Beth and Natalya have a ladder match in WWE. Also, i miss Katie Lea and Paul Burchill.

Anybody watch any of the WWE DVDs that are on Netflix?

I watched the True Story of Wrestlemania not too long ago. It's a good watch, check it out. The documentary is available to stream. The extra discs that contain matches are through the mail only.

Yeah, i've watched a few via stream. The Edge and Randy Savage documentaries, namely. WWE always does a great job producing their home videos.

Anybody watch any of the WWE DVDs that are on Netflix? i've been watching the Ladder Match 2 DVD. i watched the Beth Phoenix/Katie Lea ladder match from OVW and was wishing they would let Beth and Natalya have a ladder match in WWE. Also, i miss Katie Lea and Paul Burchill.

Funny enough, this weekend I went through all the "recommended for you" and noticed there was a bunch more WWE DVDs available for streaming. This one, however, was of particular interest:

[image]

It's been out a while but I hadn't heard of it. It's so good. I guess the whole story has been told but to have these two sit down and talk about their careers, Montreal, and making amends right next to one another is such a cool concept. Unfortunately, unless I missed a minute, they don't really hash out Montreal in detail like I would have liked but they do cover it in more depth than I've ever seen. Watch it.

Yeah, i too was stoked on Heyman. i wish they had him with Lesnar the whole time.

Raw was pretty lackluster last night. The Kofi/Ziggler and Sheamus/Orton vs. Jericho/Del Rio matches were good, but the rest of the show was just mediocre. i am happy they changed the WHC match to a 4-way, as Del Rio/Sheamus was not something i wanted to see. Between that and Punk/Bryan, Over the Limit is shaping up nicely.

But does adding Jericho to the picture really add anything? You know they're not going to be putting the title on him because he's out the door in a couple of weeks. Just put the Heavyweight title back on Orton for now. He deserves it for the shit feuds they've been giving him since Barrett got injured.

But does adding Jericho to the picture really add anything? You know they're not going to be putting the title on him because he's out the door in a couple of weeks. Just put the Heavyweight title back on Orton for now. He deserves it for the shit feuds they've been giving him since Barrett got injured.

Well, you and i differ in our opinions on Jericho. i think he's had great matches since he's been back and 2 MOTY contenders with Punk, so if anything, at least he will be able to elevate the quality of the 4-way match. Sure, maybe he won't win, but i still think he'll put on a great match. And, it saves us from Del Rio/Sheamus, which i was not stoked on. i'm sure Orton will win the belt soon, especially if the rumored match with Brock is still in the works.

dont put the title on orton... get him out of the picture entirely. rko? eye roll.

there was very, very little to YES for last night. heyman was a great surprise, but fuck north carolina. how dare you 1. not recognize him, and 2. what? him?

its hard to decipher what theyre trying to do right now, because so many of the characters and story lines are overlapping. but if johnny is just gonna have tensai do that thing where he awkwardly imitates walking to the ring every week to just destroy people in the title picture, why wouldnt tensai fight for the title? not saying i want that... at all. but it doesnt make sense.

but way cooler than just about anything that happened on raw: i was working an event in east haven conn. on saturday, when i came across a Vote For Linda booth. eagerly asked if if was linda mcmahon, as i got my hands on a tshirt. even better was when she showed up ten minutes later:

[image]

after we chatted for a couple minutes, i had to throw it out there- can linda mcmahon count on my vote?? YES! YES! YES!

Hahaha, so awesome.

Keep Tensai away from the title forever. If he's going to do the poison mist, at least do it to the guy's face and then hit the claw. To me, that would be a little more realistic, although still pretty goofy. Really, just scrap Tensai and bring back Tajiri.

Man, that was nuts! Thanks for posting. i miss Shane McMahon as a wrestler. He did some crazy stuff for being the boss' son and a non-wrestler.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':nr8pw6xe]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':nr8pw6xe]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

also, seems the north carolina crowd only needed more gay jokes to liven-up. but punks too busy telling laurinitis that hes a doo-doo head.

Man, that was nuts! Thanks for posting. i miss Shane McMahon as a wrestler. He did some crazy stuff for being the boss' son and a non-wrestler.

I'm sure he wasn't the first to go coast-to-coast but it was the first time I saw it and I thought it was incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IN5hvJYwxM&hl=en&fs=1

(5:50 mark is the footage I was trying to demonstrate.)

i think RVD also did this move. The Van Terminator? And maybe one other ECW guy, but i can't remember right now.

i re-watched the Kurt Angle/Shane match from King of the Ring and it further solidified two things for me: 1) Kurt Angle is probably my favorite wrestler (pre-TNA) and 2) Shane McMahon is awesome. Some of the bumps he took were insane. How would you feel if you were Angle and you accidently dropped the boss' son on his head a bunch of times in a match? Good thing he wasn't injured.

I always loved Shane. Had great music, and was nuts in the ring. People always talk about Jeff Hardy having no regard for his body, but Shane took it to a whole other level, and did it without massive ammount of drugs. I really wish he would come back to the company, I really think he could turn it in a much better direction.

Also, Raw was terrible, I stopped watching at 10 pm, who was added to the WHC match? I was bummed I missed Heyman, but it sounds like the crowd didnt really care he was back :(

I always loved Shane. Had great music, and was nuts in the ring. People always talk about Jeff Hardy having no regard for his body, but Shane took it to a whole other level, and did it without massive ammount of drugs. I really wish he would come back to the company, I really think he could turn it in a much better direction.

Also, Raw was terrible, I stopped watching at 10 pm, who was added to the WHC match? I was bummed I missed Heyman, but it sounds like the crowd didnt really care he was back :(

The WHC match was made into a 4-way: Sheamus v. Del Rio v. Jericho v. Orton.

Makes no sense for Jericho to be put into that match. What about Christian or Rhodes, a heel on the smackdown roster? bryan vs punk makes sense cause they have a history, but Jericho has never interacted with two of those guys before.

I was thinking the same thing. Why not build up a guy who's going to be around for a while? Unless they're going to work Jericho into a short program to put another superstar over. Maybe Bryan?

As for Shane, he was a better performer than about 70% of the guys on the WWE roster right now. He put his all into every match and was amazing on the mic.