VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

For any ROH fan I highly suggest you get yourself a Ringside Membership.  They just revamped thier streaming video section and it's amazing.  They've added every tv show episode from their newest run (2011 to the present).  They've also started adding old dvds and ppvs to a VOD section.  Stuff dating all the way back to 2002, and they've added all of the first season of ROH on HDNet.  Definately worth the $7.99 a month.

Yeah Y2J is gone for a couple weeks and The Rock won't be back on tv until the end of March.  There's a house show in Toronto on Friday night and there are a lot of rumours floating around that Undertaker is going to show up there.  The rumour syas he's going to show up to team up with Cena and Ryback and take on The Shield.  Right now it's being advertised as just Cena and Ryback v. The Shield.

Great Grantland read on Swagger/Beck back and forth.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8997957/dissecting-wwe-feud-tea-party-glenn-beck

Anyone else remember how brutal The Body and Brain could be in the 80s? 

i loved Brain Heenan on commentary, but i never remembered the racial undertones. The only other thing that i have to add is that i thought it was really stupid to have Zeb and Swagger break character in that video. Of course, i also think that Swagger should have been suspended and Coulter paired with someone else, but whatever.

i loved Brain Heenan on commentary, but i never remembered the racial undertones. The only other thing that i have to add is that i thought it was really stupid to have Zeb and Swagger break character in that video. Of course, i also think that Swagger should have been suspended and Coulter paired with someone else, but whatever.

They broke because it got personal towards the McMahon's and they just called all these pundits idiots in that one move. I think it was a hilarious finger. 

Brain made me cringe even as a 12 year old at times. He loved to make fun of LA as well which I loved. Wearing a UCLA Sweatshirt: "Hey Mean Gene, you know why they named the school this? Because when the smog lifts You See L-A." Laughed then/Laugh Now. 

They broke because it got personal towards the McMahon's and they just called all these pundits idiots in that one move. I think it was a hilarious finger. 

Brain made me cringe even as a 12 year old at times. He loved to make fun of LA as well which I loved. Wearing a UCLA Sweatshirt: "Hey Mean Gene, you know why they named the school this? Because when the smog lifts You See L-A." Laughed then/Laugh Now. 

Yeah, Brain was the man. i loved the interplay between him and, i think it was the Body, where Brain would make a joke, much like the one you mentioned, and the Body would say "Oh, would you stop?!" Brain would make fun of the wrestlers, the people in the audience, anything; he was a great heel commentator. The King used to be really good at it, too, but now that he's a face, he is terrible.

i just remembered my two favorite quotes from King back in the Attitude Era/early 200s.

1) Talking about Snitsky: "His teeth are so bad, he doesn't know whether to use a toothbrush or toilet paper!"

2) About a woman in the audience "She looks like her hobby is stepping on rakes and getting hit with the handles!" That wasn't it exactly, but it was something to that effect. Still makes me laugh.