VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I saw that and not sure what to think. Do they let him stay El Generico? Do they unmask him since you cant have a non mexican luchador? Do they just make him a trainer like Del Ray? If im not mistaken he is over the age of what WWE usually signs unless it is a top name star that is coming back.

Cesaro is 32 and KO is 33.

Yeah exactly why the signing confuses me. I have a feeling it was just like why they signed Punk at first. A guy with hype that they figure "Why not?"

But does Generico really have that much hype around him these days?  He's sort of tapered off especially in the last year.  He's done a handful of PWG shows, maybe two or three ROH shows and (I might be wrong on this) one Chikara show.

When the WWE signed Punk he was pretty much at the peak of the mountain as far as an indie wrestler can go.  Yes Generico is very popular on the indie circuit, but his hay day has come and gone.

Its hard to find good stuff youtube since both companies work hard to keep it off there since the only way they stay afloat is via dvd sales. Just check out their sites and they do specials pretty regularly and by some dvds where the card has some names you recognize or wanna check out. I know ROH has quite a bit at 5 bucks every once in a while. It really is well worth your money. If you havent seen any of the 3 matches from the Punk vs Somoa Joe trillogy that ended in two hour long draws you are missing the best wresting matches of all time.

Those matches are so overblown and overhyped.  After about 20 minutes Joe is completely winded.  They only went an hour because Joe has to take a 5 minute rest inbetween each move.

Get yourself a membership for XWT.  You'll be able to download a shitload of PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA and all the other indies off that site.  Just make sure you maintain your ratio so your account doesn't get deleted.

i'm all for watching the indies... i just don't know how to.

I am in that position too. Only match i've ever seen is this match which is awesome 

oh Cesaro, you are hilarious

Guy is king. Hope he doesn't lose the title to The Miz. If he keeps it do you think he will drop it to a returning Jack Swagger or Derrick Bateman's new gimmick "The USA Guy" ? 

he got hurt, rehabbing.

i follow him on twitter.. he's pretty damn funny. and he's no stranger to the live raw discussions on withleather, so that's always entertaining.

he's hyped up the usa guy bit, and i really hope he's able to follow through on his return. it would be the perfect way to go after cesaro.