Attn Ska fans! -Check out our Epic Reissue Project

flood

Asbestos & Underground Communique present:

A plea to the ska community to help us reissue some classic records on vinyl for the first time ever in the US!

here's the 4 first titles for our project:

Pilfers - Pilfers

The Pietasters - Oolooloo

Edna's Goldfish - Before you Knew Better

Suburban Legends - Rumpshaker

check the link for more info - and please fwd to any ska loving dudes you know!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/59430281/the-3rd-wave-ska-preservation-society-vinyl-reissu

Never really heard any of these releases (I was never huge into ska) but I'm gonna find them all and give them a listen, may have to pick one of them up.

Pietasters = amazing soul ska. simply amazing.

Pilfers = basically a ska punk band BUT with Coolie Ranx the original "toaster" singer from the Toasters doing his skat / reggae rap / singing / toasting thing that is his trademark sound; balanced with Vinny Noble's occasional songs with him taking over lead vocals that are as soulful ska-pop songs as can be, when he's not being the end-all, be-all trombone player.

Edna's Goldfish = super high energy, ridiculously catchy 3rd wave ska. This is one of my top ten ska albums ever...the people that know who this band is, love this record with a passion that is astounding.

Suburban Legends = classic Orange County ska-punk similar to Reel Big Fish, the Hippos, etc.... super catchy, bright horns, and crazy fun!

Never really heard any of these releases (I was never huge into ska) but I'm gonna find them all and give them a listen, may have to pick one of them up.

Pietasters = amazing soul ska. simply amazing.

Seriously one of the best bands to come out of the early 90's/Third Wave - wish more bands had taken their direction of ska and run with it.