Are Thursday Breaking Up?

crime

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from wiki (the most reliable of all internet sources)

".....We’ve talked about turning Thursday into something else: a non-profit, a band that only records sporadically, a collection of other projects… Underneath it all, the personal circumstances involved make it impossible to continue Thursday in the spirit that has made it special. So, we stop. For now, at least."

I've been a long time Thursday fan I first saw them way back in 2003 and then went on to see them 5 more times till 2006. They are a big part of why I got involved with local music/DIY during high school and helped me through a lot of tough times. I may have stopped listening to them on a regular basis in 2006 but I never forgot them and would still listen to them from time to time when I would be out driving somewhere. I had a college radio show a couple years ago and got back into them briefly when "Common Existence" came out I would always play tracks from that album on my show.

Now I find out today that they're breaking up and I knew that I had to get a ticket to what will be their final show in Philadelphia. I kind of wish that the old Lupo's in Providence still existed and they were playing their so I could say I saw them there for both the first time and the last time.....But the old Lupo's has long been gone.

So that's just my thoughts on this. I love Thursday so much their music has meant a lot to me and I look forward to seeing them one last time to thank them and to say good bye.

Oh and take a look at this priceless picture I got with Geoff the last time I saw them: http://crazyjustin1685.livejournal.com/70133.html#cutid1

After hearing this, I ordered tickets for the show in Cincinnati next week. This will be my second time seeing them on a "farewell" tour, the first being on the festival The Cure did in 2004 or so, when they had announced then that they were taking a hiatus. Great show, not going to miss the chance to see them one more time.

I'm glad they broke up. They were cranking out hot garbage as of late.

Lol sorry people evolve, can have that super cool F the man pink mohawk all your lifes, McDonalds has to hire you sometime.

Lol sorry people evolve, can have that super cool F the man pink mohawk all your life, McDonalds has to hire you sometime.

I can has F man mohawk and still have job from McDonald's.

i laughed.

i've seen these guys a total of 3 times, and it's been over 8 years since i've attended one of their shows.

i really lost interest after war all the time for no real reason at all, and i can't find myself able to get into any release that came after it.

i still listen to their first 3 records now and again (mostly Waiting), but i don't get much out of it aside from nostalgia, they WERE a big part of my life when i was into them.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':d481yki3]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':d481yki3]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');