Mastodon The Hunter 2lp Colored Vinyl @ Relapse

i've had nothing but good dealings with Relapse. Why do you dislike them? i've heard bad things about them on Dead Format board, too, but no specifics.

Had shitty customer service from them a few times. They sent me a number of poorly packaged records over the last few years that resulted in significant damage and they tried to go the "tough luck" route when I contacted them about the problems. I always send very nice, courteous emails if there happens to be a problem and I just get a sour taste in my mouth when I get some smug reply with no offer to rectify the situation. Oh well, that's where the Paypal claim comes in. Many people misuse it but it really comes in handy for legitimate problems.

reminds me about how much i want the Red Fang album on 180 gram black. the color pressing was shitastic.

Good to know. You just saved me $20.

Not to derail the thread to much but they played a headline act in my town between Mastodon dates and holy fuck, they slay live. Really, really tight and they get a rad heavy sound out of their gear, I could see where a nice vinyl pressing might make a difference.

OK, sorry, return to bitching about Relapse.

uh, fuck yeah. go see Red Fang. so jealous. they didn't play here with Mastodon/DEP or do their own show. i was tempted to travel. almost did KC and extended my vacation on my way back from TX.

the Red Fang album is great, but i'd definitely get the 180 gram black. the color pressing has a lot of pops. i got the seafoam green or something. might just be my pressing, but man, lots of my color pressings lately have been shitty.

uh, fuck yeah. go see Red Fang. so jealous. they didn't play here with Mastodon/DEP or do their own show. i was tempted to travel. almost did KC and extended my vacation on my way back from TX.

the Red Fang album is great, but i'd definitely get the 180 gram black. the color pressing has a lot of pops. i got the seafoam green or something. might just be my pressing, but man, lots of my color pressings lately have been shitty.

Very glad I went. Show was great. They didn't have any records which sucked because I wanted to pick up the tour only 7". Oh well, shouldn't be that hard to track one down.

oh, that. I bought one and got one free. you need one? they're on Christmas colors. how festive!

I was bummed they didn't have that at the show I saw as well. They may have plowed through them pretty quick. They only had the ST vinyl at the show I saw.

I kind of want the 7" but I also sort of hate 7" so I'm torn.

oh, that. I bought one and got one free. you need one? they're on Christmas colors. how festive!

I was bummed they didn't have that at the show I saw as well. They may have plowed through them pretty quick. They only had the ST vinyl at the show I saw.

I kind of want the 7" but I also sort of hate 7" so I'm torn.

It was the same deal when I saw them on the 20th (only vinyl was s/t).

Got my package from Relapse, and the vinyl is black. I wanted a 2 LP 45 rpm version of it anyway, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it not being colored. Packaged well too. I like that Relapse ships with the LPs outside the jacket.

Interesting.....they claim they have no way of telling what color the vinyl is....if they ship outside of the sleeve, then they are totally aware. I'll be opening my dispute immediately.

Got my package from Relapse, and the vinyl is black. I wanted a 2 LP 45 rpm version of it anyway, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it not being colored. Packaged well too. I like that Relapse ships with the LPs outside the jacket.

Interesting.....they claim they have no way of telling what color the vinyl is....if they ship outside of the sleeve, then they are totally aware. I'll be opening my dispute immediately.

[image]

Kids today are nothing but punks, sissified, so quick to pick up a gun.

Funny, you must be buds with Relapse. Plenty of people asked via email AND phone in advance if this was indeed a color press, they said yes to get the orders. THEN claimed they "didn't know" after they had their money. Fact of the matter is they sold an item that was not what it was....and they were dicks to deal with along the way. So I'll stand up and be pissed with this case any day. Relapse is a great example of why people stop buying music. I've dealt with so many great labels/distros who are real good to deal with...not cool.

I have to cry some more now.