PO: I am the Avalanche- S/T via Enjoy The Ride

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me sad that Ross tried to charge vinnie and the band $13 a pop for this record. I would have just given the band like 20 free copies.

needless to say, IATA do not support Anything ETR releases and are far from fond of Ross.

I spoke to vinnie about getting involved and taking copies for tour almost a year before the album was reissued and he was totally down but told me to deal with their manager about working out a deal. The their manager said they wanted 200 copies for tour and then once they were actually pressed, she kept giving me the run around and kept saying that they had the new album coming out and this wasn't a priority right now but would get it worked out asap and let me know .

When i ran into their manager at an iata in-store, months after the release and asked what happened and why she never got back to me, she said "we want nothing to do with anything dtr related and us taking some copies for tour could open a can of worms with dtr that we dont want to deal with but our merch store wanted more stuff so i will get them in touch with you". Same thing, I emailed her a few times asking to get me in touch with cinderblock i believe was their merch site but she never responded.

That being said, Vinnie and I spoke about this in person twice before I even placed the order and he expressed no issue in this being pressed.

P.S- and I did send the band free copies for themselves once they were pressed

ross talk more about that HRC record someone mentioned please and thank you

Where was that mentioned?

Long story short with that, andy is very hard to get in touch with. He got me in touch with the former head of immortal records over a year ago and we got approval and what not. Then i asked andy to track down the artwork/masters for me because he was the producer for this particular album and would have the highest quality files. I waited months for those and then eventually got him on the phone about it, he said that he was having trouble tracking down the files and he also spoke with another friends label about being involved with it but would still want to get me involved maybe as a joint release. That was almost a year ago and ive sent him a few emails/texts about it since but no response so as of now unfortunately it is probably not gonna happen or at the very least, it is on hold for the time being. I really hope andy can track down the files cause this album deserves a nice pressing but as of now, it is out of my hands. I spent tons of time tracking down the former head of immortal and i got the legal approvals and what not that I needed already.

I wasn't trying to accuse you or anything Ross, so I hope you didn't get that Impression from my post, because I have no reason to dislike you, and actually support your label a lot. I was just commenting based on what vinnie told me personally.

Wow, that first one is longest sentence ever haha.

Where was that mentioned?

Long story short with that, andy is very hard to get in touch with. He got me in touch with the former head of immortal records over a year ago and we got approval and what not. Then i asked andy to track down the artwork/masters for me because he was the producer for this particular album and would have the highest quality files. I waited months for those and then eventually got him on the phone about it, he said that he was having trouble tracking down the files and he also spoke with another friends label about being involved with it but would still want to get me involved maybe as a joint release. That was almost a year ago and ive sent him a few emails/texts about it since but no response so as of now unfortunately it is probably not gonna happen or at the very least, it is on hold for the time being. I really hope andy can track down the files cause this album deserves a nice pressing but as of now, it is out of my hands. I spent tons of time tracking down the former head of immortal and i got the legal approvals and what not that I needed already.

shit like that drives me insane, sucks

I really wasn't though. I just said it made me sad, and wanted to hear his side of it.

In retrospect I should have probably PM'd him but I was tired as fuck and this topic was conveniently bumped up.

yea, in the future id appreciate if you or anyone else pm about stuff regarding prior releases

• 4 months later...