The Wonder Years - Get Stoked On It

I remember hearing Wonder Years around the time of Get Stoked On It and thought "meh". I still to this day don't like it, so when people started going crazy for Upsides I was thinking "are they crazy?" I didn't even check the album out until way later, around the time of Suburbia, and was immediately hooked. I couldn't believe it was the same band. So I got a very nice summer with two, to me, new awesome records by the same band.

I like the last song on Stoked, which could probably be on any of their other full lengths. It's good. Also some song in the middle and Key Stone which I like because it's fast.

This kind of relates to this. I was talking to Soupy after their most recent show in Chicago and he said they might be looking to press the Premier's last album. However, Get Stoked On It would be cool on vinyl. But doesn't the band hate that record now?

Yeah, they've stated that they don't really like those jams. Just like B&C don't like I Just Want To Be Pure EP.

[image]

I found this here: http://thewonderyearsband.tumblr.com/post/10824141166/every-wonder-years-vinyl-variant-from-left-to

what surprises me most is the Cornerstone edition of WBPF, pretty funny. didn't know they played there.

I think the only 7" I'd pay for right now is the all or nothing split, how much would one have to pay for one of those, usually?

GSOI was in the works to be pressed on vinyl but Chris from No Sleep said it was put on hold while a few unexpected releases and etc were being done. Not sure whether or not it will still happen, but there was a lot of interest around it so hopefully it goes ahead! I just want to own Buzz Aldrin... On vinyl.

I remember hearing Wonder Years around the time of Get Stoked On It and thought "meh". I still to this day don't like it, so when people started going crazy for Upsides I was thinking "are they crazy?" I didn't even check the album out until way later, around the time of Suburbia, and was immediately hooked. I couldn't believe it was the same band. So I got a very nice summer with two, to me, new awesome records by the same band.

that's how it all played out for me too, pretty much!

I really don't think it's that bad of an album. Yeah it's a lot different from The Upsides, but bands mature and song writing gets better. One of my favorite things about The Wonder Years is their lyrics and although these songs are "short sighted and naive," I still think they're well written.

I think the only 7" I'd pay for right now is the all or nothing split, how much would one have to pay for one of those, usually?

I have one of those (a white copy) and I personally wouldn't sell it for cheap at all. Someone offered me $25ppd and I thought that was WAY too low, considering that I do not want to sell it at the moment anyway haha.

As for GSOI being pressed, I was never big on that record since I got into TWY around the time Distances came out. I feel like it will never happen, but I would still buy it if it did

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':m7avujm1]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':m7avujm1]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Yeah, I agree. I sold this CD for about 30 bones a week ago. Seems to be popular.

it goes for that much? holy crap. mine is sitting in my car, might have to throw it to the ebay wolves.

also this was the only album i really liked from the band. i'm not too huge on the new "pop punk" movement, but this record was really fun. the only time i've seen them tour was before Upsides came out and they played almost this whole album and it was awesome. just my two cents.

that being said, would buy!

Yeah, I agree. I sold this CD for about 30 bones a week ago. Seems to be popular.

it goes for that much? holy crap. mine is sitting in my car, might have to throw it to the ebay wolves.

also this was the only album i really liked from the band. i'm not too huge on the new "pop punk" movement, but this record was really fun. the only time i've seen them tour was before Upsides came out and they played almost this whole album and it was awesome. just my two cents.

that being said, would buy!

Yeah, I said the same thing. Someone thew one on VC not too long ago and was asking for 60 bucks. I was like, are these rare now? Checked the value on Amazon and peeked at a couple of past eBay bids and yeah, it's not like... worth a fortune, but anything over 5 bucks (what I originally payed for the CD) was going to be something I was interested in. Lol, I'd pick it up for the first 2 songs.

I loved Get Stoked On It. Sure, it wasn't great, but back then my friends and I had some really ridiculous sing alongs to that album. Seeing them live pre-upsides were the best shows. I would like to sing along to "What if we (Swam) into nothing" and "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong" more than half of the songs on Upsides/Suburbia.

I wish they'd play those songs & An Elegy for Baby Blue/Don't Open the Fridge live more often/still. I don't even bother to go see them live anymore, though.