PO: Jay-Z and Kanye West- Watch The Throne

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean version $20, Explicit Version $140...hmm...which to get, which to get...

So you'd be paying $120 to hear them say "Fuck"?

I won't pay $120 to hear they say "Paul Frost Rules" on a record.

Clean versions of songs suck. It is not because they don't use cursing it is because the flow is messed up as a result. It takes away from the music entirely. If a clean version was completely re recorded using different words to replace swears that would be awesome, but that doesn't happen.

Have fun listening to shit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAY-Z-KANYE-WEST-WATCH-THRONE-COLOURED-VINYL-LP-/370570769940?pt=UK_Records&hash=item5647bd3614#ht_1150wt_1348

There's a white bootleg on eBay Buy it Now for $31, it's got the same labels as the other clean boots so I'm assuming it's clean as well. It really does change the album for the worse, imagine a clean version of Niggas in Paris.

I would pay a reasonable amount for a regular pressing of this album in a normal sleeve. I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel the same way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAY-Z-KANYE-WEST-WATCH-THRONE-COLOURED-VINYL-LP-/370570769940?pt=UK_Records&hash =item5647bd3614#ht_1150wt_1348

There's a white bootleg on eBay Buy it Now for $31, it's got the same labels as the other clean boots so I'm assuming it's clean as well. It really does change the album for the worse, imagine a clean version of Niggas in Paris.

I would pay a reasonable amount for a regular pressing of this album in a normal sleeve. I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel the same way.

They play Niggas In Paris on the radio. It's just called Paris and the fact that it's played on the radio is stupid considering how much is censored.

I have a feeling that a regular pressing will be coming out after this. Seems dumb to only offer this "deluxe" version of the LP.

That's my thinking. They want to get the fans with lots of money to get their copies first because they're more likely to spend $140 on an album once rather than $20 for the regular version and then an extra $140 for the deluxe.

But yeah, that seems like too much of a gamble for such an expensive product. I'd imagine these will be available for $100 by the summer.

• 2 weeks later...