How does something like this happen?

[image]

Unfuckingbelievable. How did this Marilyn Monroe bullshit end up in my sealed copy of I Am The Avalanche-Self Titled? Has this ever happened to anyone else? My kids are laughing their asses off at me right now for how bad my luck really is. They're rolling on the floor, literally.

I shouldn't be laughing at this but c'mon - it's funny! Chances are I'm assuming you ordered it from a distro or picked it up at a shop? Shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement and I'd imagine whoever you bought it from would let you keep it because they'd find it funny too.

This one time, I bought a used copy of Live at Max's Kansas City by The Velvets, the first side played through and I was enjoying it. When I flip over the second side, I'm expecting a continuation of the show but instead find really awful 80's reggae - you know, the drum machine stuff that's just beyond bad. At first I was irritated but then I just thought it was funny - it ended up setting me down the road to collecting Velvets oddities intentionally (laser discs, etc).

this happens a lot when I go to Reckless as well. It took a couple of times coming home with the wrong 7"s in the right sleeves before I started insisting on inspecting each one before buying (the used discs I mean) - it angers a lot of the newer employees who are too lazy and just try to scan the stuff in and get you checked out (despite it being common policy there for as far back as I remember to allow the customer to inspect what they're buying to see if it meets their expectations of what the item is listed in condition as before they purchase) but since I've started doing it more I've been able to stop numerous other mix ups before they happened. When that happens, the snarky record clerk ringing me up usually gets all sheepish as they lumber off to fix their mistake.

i bought what i thought was ELO's turn to stone 7" at a used shop, and didnt notice until i got home that it was an entirely different single in the sleeve.

i also have hall & oates rock & soul. the jacket indicates part 1, but the record is definitely part 2.