Nasty Ass Beer

anything budweiser. some asshat at walmart (bad start i know,small town) claimed to be this holly aficionado of all things beer and his recommendation above all was yes bud light

i bought some Young's Oatmeal Stout for a party once, and one of the girls that i worked with tried to be sneaky and steal one and spit it out and said "that tastes like horseshit" and gave me the can and went back to the COORS LIGHT. She proceeded to tell me "man, you really like some crappy beer".

anything budweiser. some asshat at walmart (bad start i know,small town) claimed to be this holly aficionado of all things beer and his recommendation above all was yes bud light

Ugh... Bud Light is like carbonated water that might make you feel a little funny if you drink a shit ton of it...

i bought some Young's Oatmeal Stout for a party once, and one of the girls that i worked with tried to be sneaky and steal one and spit it out and said "that tastes like horseshit" and gave me the can and went back to the COORS LIGHT. She proceeded to tell me "man, you really like some crappy beer".

I can't even begin to count the amount of times I've had something like this happen (I'm all about IPA's though) and gotten a similar - if not identical - reaction. It makes me cry a bit inside.

Then again... I know people that think Taco Bell makes "good" tacos.

You can imagine how little I respect the opinions of people I know when it comes to ANY kind of "taste" (music/food/drink/humor/etc.)

I can't even begin to count the amount of times I've had something like this happen (I'm all about IPA's though) and gotten a similar - if not identical - reaction. It makes me cry a bit inside.

You can imagine how little I respect the opinions of people I know when it comes to ANY kind of "taste" (music/food/drink/humor/etc.)

I say, if you can't drink the beer at room temp, it's not really a good beer to begin with.

palatte, hell i tried getting my roommate to go eat out with me, but he wouldn't go because nothing on the menu he was familiar with, even though i told him it was excellent, he said, I'm not gonna try pork liver mousse. i dont' like liver, same for the foie gras. though neither tasted like your usual liver. he wouldn't try rabbit, he wouldnt even try beef tongue or risotto. he doesnt like indian food (even though hes never eaten it) either. it's quite sad, but he always says something to the effect of "you just starting eating that kind of food" who cares, at least i tried it and have a open mind about eating different foods than typical americanized food.

that's how i feel a bout beer. some people just don't have a palette for it and just like shitty macro brew pilsners or ales.

i do like a good ale though.

I say, if you can't drink the beer at room temp, it's not really a good beer to begin with.

palatte, hell i tried getting my roommate to go eat out with me, but he wouldn't go because nothing on the menu he was familiar with, even though i told him it was excellent, he said, I'm not gonna try pork liver mousse. i dont' like liver, same for the foie gras. though neither tasted like your usual liver. he wouldn't try rabbit, he wouldnt even try beef tongue or risotto. he doesnt like indian food (even though hes never eaten it) either. it's quite sad, but he always says something to the effect of "you just starting eating that kind of food" who cares, at least i tried it and have a open mind about eating different foods than typical americanized food.

that's how i feel a bout beer. some people just don't have a palette for it and just like shitty macro brew pilsners or ales.

i do like a good ale though.

Having grown up following my parents on their numerous worldly adventures, I've adopted a rule of always being open to try something AT LEAST twice. You seriously can never know what you're missing out on until you've personally experienced it. That's how I see it at least...

I don't even drink and I still don't respect people who like shitty beer.

Woah, not everybody can afford the fancy stuff.

yeah, but there's a difference between knowing its shit beer and being broke and thats all you can afford and being apathetically ignorant. i love busch tall boys in a can when i'm broke, but i know it's shit beer. i don't drink it because i prefer it over others. it's somewhat palatable compared to the rest. i don't even touch bud even if it's free.

I don't even drink and I still don't respect people who like shitty beer.

Woah, not everybody can afford the fancy stuff.

Haha I said "like" not "consume". You can drink it and hate it if that's what you can afford, go for it. I just don't understand frat bros who think natty is the nectar of the gods.

While I'd agree, I'd take a Bud Light at a party over any sort of stout given the same environment.