The FML thread.

a place to bitch when no one wants to hear it anywhere else.

it feels gooooood!

for example:

my wife asked me to purge my kids rooms and donate all the broken/old toys we don't need.

after cleaning everything and putting all the junk in trash bags she decides to rummage through it all and turn into a screaming bitch about the stuff i chose to dispose of ("this i bought for christmas 4 years ago i don't care if it doesnt have a head!").

i'm in the bedroom having a sweaty sneezing fit from kicking up dust and throwing away hundreds and hundreds of bullshit nicknacks for the past two hours.

Good thread, and I'm sure I'll contribute every day.

I was driving to work today, and when I pulled into the parking lot my car started making this horrible grinding noise.

It's either the brakes, the clutch or a wheel bearing. AND I have to take a day off of work (without pay) to get it fixed.

Luckily, my father in law is a mechanic and I only have to pay for parts

Last night I went to park at the house I was pet sitting at. Made sure to pull forward so that someone could fit behind me. I thought it would be a good thing to do to allow for more room.

This morning got a ticket for parking TOO close to the intersection in front of me.

The person behind me got a ticket for not having a parking permit.

Today I visited my mom in the hospital (she's been there since before Thanksgiving and hasn't eaten any food in that whole time) and right as I got there they were rushing her to get a CT scan because her gall bladder is infected again. She needs it removed, but she's too weak and has no immune system so they can't. Because she hasn't been able to work in over two years now, we have no money and my teaching outlook keeps looking pretty bleak so I'm working two part time jobs instead with no insurance.

Good thread, and I'm sure I'll contribute every day.

I was driving to work today, and when I pulled into the parking lot my car started making this horrible grinding noise.

It's either the brakes, the clutch or a wheel bearing. AND I have to take a day off of work (without pay) to get it fixed.

Luckily, my father in law is a mechanic and I only have to pay for parts

My father in law is a mechanic too...except anyone here ever see Confucius fix a car? Yeah except when he not watching NASCAR sometimes I think he still wants me dead.

Today I visited my mom in the hospital (she's been there since before Thanksgiving and hasn't eaten any food in that whole time) and right as I got there they were rushing her to get a CT scan because her gall bladder is infected again. She needs it removed, but she's too weak and has no immune system so they can't. Because she hasn't been able to work in over two years now, we have no money and my teaching outlook keeps looking pretty bleak so I'm working two part time jobs instead with no insurance.

In all seriousness dude, that sucks. Hope for the best man.

In all seriousness dude, that sucks. Hope for the best man.

Thanks. It's been a long 2+ years while my mom has been sick. She had Polythyscemia Vera for 35 years, it progressed into myleofibrosis, then she had a bone marrow stem-cell transplant and was in Boston's Dana Farber Clinic for 13 months, was home for 9 or 10 and graft-vs-host disorder kicked in bad and she's been in there for almost 3 again with no end in sight. She's about to turn 56 and is just withering.. I noticed her legs today, her thighs are like 8 inches around.

We had a fundraiser for her two summers ago and pulled in about $30,000+ but it's almost all gone. We're in panic-mode, refinancing car loans and not knowing what to do about the town property taxes due in 3 weeks. It just all sucks, it's so stressful. Meanwhile my brother just kind of disappeared and my sister, who is about to turn 18 in 2 weeks, has had a shitty two years right in the middle of high school. Somehow she still managed to be valedictorian, captain of the softball team, and captain of the girls hockey team (both for school and for travel). Good thing she's not a shitty teenager or life would suck so much more, since I'm basically raising her these days.

There's days where I get incredibly overwhelmed and just can't deal with anything. I let bills pile up because I don't know where the money is going to come from. I go out after I close down the ice rink and don't come home until like 5:30 in the morning because it's an escape. I've never connected to a song more than Frank Turner's "I am Disappeared" because it just captures everything I feel and want to do. About a month ago I was a wreck and was in really bad shape.. I'd lost my teaching job, my mom was doing poorly and ended up in the ICU for a day and a half, I was having problems in my social life, and on top of that my travel team was a disaster so I just had no where to look for anything positive. I'm glad now I've got a girl who's being really supportive of me and spending time with me and she's really good at cheering me up.

it feels gooooood!

for example:

my wife asked me to purge my kids rooms and donate all the broken/old toys we don't need.

after cleaning everything and putting all the junk in trash bags she decides to rummage through it all and turn into a screaming bitch about the stuff i chose to dispose of ("this i bought for christmas 4 years ago i don't care if it doesnt have a head!").

i'm in the bedroom having a sweaty sneezing fit from kicking up dust and throwing away hundreds and hundreds of bullshit nicknacks for the past two hours.

i throw out my kids toys every day, just to keep up with it. my wife doesnt even know i do it, neither do the kids. random things they'll never miss or shit their grandparents buy them that piss me off and they just don't need. i can't stand how many toys they have.

it feels gooooood!

for example:

i throw out my kids toys every day, just to keep up with it. my wife doesnt even know i do it, neither do the kids. random things they'll never miss or shit their grandparents buy them that piss me off and they just don't need. i can't stand how many toys they have.

Scumbag dad

whatever.. kids' attention spans are too short to keep track of toys they only touched once.

my ex had much younger siblings, and i would nearly have panic attacks if i was in their play room. the amount of toys that had was sickening, and you could tell they wouldnt notice if half of the shit was gone.

Scumbag dad

Unfortunately, wee live in a 3 bedroom apartment, you can only step on so many toys before you say "fuck this toy" and throw it away

I don't see how anyone could see that as a bad thing. It's not like he's depriving his kids of toys in general, he's just not letting them have an overabundance like so many parents do. A kid doesn't need to have 35,000 toys to choose from.

It drives me crazy to go to a friend-with-child's house and have to step over a play castle, 12 dolls, a rocking horse, a pile of stuffed animals, and whatever else just to get to the couch. Kids don't need that much shit.