Bright Eyes Back Catalog REPRESS - Preorder

gmoney

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wichita was April 2010. Both are 180 grams, but our repress is 2LP instead of 1, so it will be less compressed. That was the main problem with the initial pressings, from what I've heard, is that it was right at the limit of what would have required 2LP.

Actually not sure if the Wichita is exactly 180 gram, but it's listed as "heavy weight vinyl" so it must be right around there.

@ComaChameleon - I'll definitely try to give you guys a heads up when the $99 sets are running low. Would it be best to just post the notice onto this thread?

@impact - Here's the pressing info for Fevers:

1st pressing: with mirror. 1098 copies (10% overrun). Pressed at Erika, March 2000. Hand assembled by us at SC.

2nd pressing: no mirror. 1050 copies. Pressed at Erika, April 2000.

3rd pressing: no mirror. 1050 copies. Pressed at Erika, not sure of the date.

4th pressing: box set editions (this was pressed four times, see below)

- 1st box: with vertical box artwork poster. 3036 copies, 7/22/2003

- 2nd box: with horizontal discography poster. 3095 copies, 10/27/2003

- 3rd box: with horizontal discography poster. 3214 copies, 3/2/2004

- 4th box: with horizontal discography poster. 3110 copies, 12/31/2004

5th pressing: Record Store Day, UK pressing by Wichita (don't know that info)

6th pressing: current 2012 reissue. 3000 copies approx. 1/5/2012

Or I guess it would be 1st through 9th pressing if you consider each box set to be a different pressing....

Whenever things slow down a bit, I'm planning on getting a pressing database together for everything we've released (or as much as I can find... our old records are spotty). Whenever that happens, I'll post the info to Discogs, but I can also post a new thread on here.

good stuff! thanks..

is there any way to differentiate between the 2nd and 3rd press?

@impact: I don't have either one of these pressings, and there aren't any at the office, so I'm not sure. I don't think there is any diiference between 2nd and 3rd regarding the packaging, but possibly the matrix numbers in the run-off differ? Sorry not more help there.

@kylekrische: I agree, be glad you got the original. The hand screened covers are so different from this new packaging that I think the original is a really distinctive pressing. (The repress is more faithful to the CD design, including the insert). Plus there were only 300 of the original, and there won't ever be any more. I've spent huge amounts of money on original LPs that are very similar to their cheaper repressings and not felt bad, so that one is totally worth it in my opinion.

Not to say the new one isn't cool too, ha. If I didn't work for the label I'd probably pick these up again just to have reasonably valued play copies. But I have been known to buy the same records multiple times based on pressing variations..... which I think some of you guys can relate to, after seeing the "post your collection" thread!

@ComaChameleon - I'll definitely try to give you guys a heads up when the $99 sets are running low. Would it be best to just post the notice onto this thread?

@impact - Here's the pressing info for Fevers:

1st pressing: with mirror. 1098 copies (10% overrun). Pressed at Erika, March 2000. Hand assembled by us at SC.

2nd pressing: no mirror. 1050 copies. Pressed at Erika, April 2000.

3rd pressing: no mirror. 1050 copies. Pressed at Erika, not sure of the date.

4th pressing: box set editions (this was pressed four times, see below)

- 1st box: with vertical box artwork poster. 3036 copies, 7/22/2003

- 2nd box: with horizontal discography poster. 3095 copies, 10/27/2003

- 3rd box: with horizontal discography poster. 3214 copies, 3/2/2004

- 4th box: with horizontal discography poster. 3110 copies, 12/31/2004

5th pressing: Record Store Day, UK pressing by Wichita (don't know that info)

6th pressing: current 2012 reissue. 3000 copies approx. 1/5/2012

Or I guess it would be 1st through 9th pressing if you consider each box set to be a different pressing....

Whenever things slow down a bit, I'm planning on getting a pressing database together for everything we've released (or as much as I can find... our old records are spotty). Whenever that happens, I'll post the info to Discogs, but I can also post a new thread on here.

This thread is fine, thanks dude!

I just sold a butt load of video games on eBay, as soon as this dude pays I'll order mine ;D

I literally just dished out a stupid amount of money for it a month ago. But hey, in my opinion, worth it. It's been my holy grail for a while.

I'd have no regrets. It's still unique & a gem.

I got Fevers & Mirrors less than 2 or 3 months ago and at least I'll have a version with the printed inner sleeve along with this new 2LP version.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised that no ones really making a big deal over the fact that we can finally own Letting Off The Happiness without dishing out a stupid amount of money.

it came in the box set!

with original artwork even.

and that was what? $30? something like that?

Yeah but having it in the box set was different. The sleeve was smaller & all that. I'd much rather have this version.

Insound is selling Collection for $41 plus shipping. What a rip-off.

We're looking into why Insound's price is so high. We are wondering if it's a mistake. List for that is $27.98. Their price for Cursive's "I Am Gemini" is basically list, so I don't know why they'd mark up Bright Eyes so much.

We tried to keep the list prices for these as low as possible... but 2LP from RTI on 180gm in a Stoughton tip-on gatefold is damn expensive.

it came in the box set!

with original artwork even.

and that was what? $30? something like that?

Yeah but having it in the box set was different. The sleeve was smaller & all that. I'd much rather have this version.

For what it's worth, this one is 180 gram and RTI instead of Erika. We thought about using the original artwork, but decided against it since many people haven't seen the original LP art and we didn't want to confuse anyone. Plus we thought that old design was cool for what it was, as a hand done silk screen... but it didn't necessary translate well to a printed jacket.

Don't forget that vinyl prices have gone up a lot since we issued those box sets. If we were going to sell that today, even on standard weight from Erika, it wouldn't be $35 at this point. Sucks, but our costs have gone way up, not even taking inflation into account.

But we're not expecting anyone to feel like they have to shell out for records all over again if they own them in the box set. We (and the band) just wanted to make them available again in a quality pressing.

Insound is selling Collection for $41 plus shipping. What a rip-off.

We're looking into why Insound's price is so high. We are wondering if it's a mistake. List for that is $27.98. Their price for Cursive's "I Am Gemini" is basically list, so I don't know why they'd mark up Bright Eyes so much.

We tried to keep the list prices for these as low as possible... but 2LP from RTI on 180gm in a Stoughton tip-on gatefold is damn expensive.

The $37.98 price from Insound was a mistake. It's fixed now.... $27.98.

http://www.insound.com/A-Collection-of-Songs-Written-and-Recorded-LP-Bright-Eyes/P/INS103879/

ok this has nothing to do with the bundle (but relevant to record in bundle!), this kickstarter has used F&M cover in its project - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/laurenfleishman/love-ever-after?ref=NewsFeb1012&utm_campaign=Feb10&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

aaahhhh love.

Not identical to the album artwork but very similar.

i saw a couple copies of the "Oh, Holy Fools" split at my local shop yesterday, so hopefully we'll be seeing the first part of the bundles coming soon, perhaps earlier than the Feb. 21st ship date.