Bright Eyes Back Catalog REPRESS - Preorder

gmoney

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad these are a hit. We're excited that they'll see the light of day again on vinyl... and I'm looking forward to the next 4 as well!

It was actually kind of a nightmare for a few of these... some of the old art files had gone missing over the years, and there was a big scavenger hunt for them. Art files for Every Day and Every Night ended up being on an ancient "Jaz" disc that had to be sent off to this data recovery place for retrieval. We were almost out of luck for that title...

We'll be listing these all on Discogs, along with information about these pressings that differs from the originals (if you're a nerd about pressing differences like I am). Here's the one for Oh Holy Fools:

http://www.discogs.com/Son-Ambulance-Bri....elease/34 13327

Mostly the same as the first pressing, but a few tweaks to the track listing on the jacket, type on the insert, and the center labels. Of course this one is 180gm and the original was standard weight, which is the most obvious difference.

If anyone has the first pressing to compare, you'll see the jacket has very slight differences in some of the colors. The yellows and reds mainly. This was due to the printer (Stoughton) switching from film to direct-to-plate process. They weren't able to replicate the colors exactly.

Just put a reminder in my phone for the pre-order date of Fevers. I'll be picking up Cassadaga with it so I'll finally have all the *good Bright Eyes records.

*opinion

Glad i'm not the only one who digs Cassadaga; not sure why so many people dislike it.

• 3 weeks later...

Does the version of the Cassadaga LP on Saddle Creek's webstore now differ at all from the original release? I remember my friend bought it when it first came out and his copy had a cool decoder and the packaging was really elaborate. Getting ready to hit up the Fevers and Mirrors pre-order tonight!

I started falling off with I'm Wide Awake It's Morning (Although I absolutely loved Digital Ash In A Digital Urn) and Cassadaga seems like more of the former and I couldn't get super into it. I've been going back it to every now and than and I'm starting to appreciate it more.

This. I can't understand why he gets no love for Digital Ash. It's the first album of his that was easy to listen to in one sitting straight through. Not that others aren't great albums.

Just put a reminder in my phone for the pre-order date of Fevers. I'll be picking up Cassadaga with it so I'll finally have all the *good Bright Eyes records.

*opinion

Glad i'm not the only one who digs Cassadaga; not sure why so many people dislike it.

Cassadaga may be one of my favorite Bright Eyes albums honestly (including the Four Winds EP.) I may have to grab these represses for the fact they look awesome and seem to be better quality than the originals I have.

PS Cassadga has the best artwork as well!

Every Day and Every Night almost ended up needing to use scans of the old jacket and insert. We had the cover, but the other files were missing. We ended up finding an old Iomega "Jaz" disc (anyone old enough to remember those? $100 for 1GB) and it had to be sent off to this forensic computer place in California to get the files off. Nightmare.

Letting Off and Every Day are on discogs.com now. Just have Fevers and No Beginning left to enter there. There's some info about what is different between the OG and repress for each title. Some have more differences than others.

I think you guys are going to really like the Fevers repress. I'm looking at one right now and I think it turned out great. The tip on jackets and 2LP make it feel really solid. One thing that's interesting, for anyone who can compare to an OG of Fevers, the new jackets are much more color accurate. Stoughton switched from film to direct-to-plate, and the result is much less yellow. The originals weren't actually supposed to be that yellowed, it was due to something with the film process that's corrected now. This looks more like the actual wallpaper.