Flaming Lips/Yoko Ono NO LONGER Available NOW!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i'm assuming more than 1400 of these were pressed, or were there really a ton of leftovers after the shows?

I think they sold a lot more of the GITD ones at the shows than they did the other ones.

I don't know how many they put out each night, but they completely sold out of the GITD ones they had on the first night.

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=348370

I wonder if this also the coloured version. Or is this something else. Does anyone know?

Description says GITD, which if accurate, would be a big slap in the face to those that had their orders cancelled by WB.

It's not accurate, trust me.

On the becausesoundmatters.com website for the Lips 12" it says SOLD OUT MORE COMING SOON!

so I'd keep checking there, since they appear to be getting a 2nd batch of them.

It also says that it's on black vinyl, I hope what I got from the WB store today is colored.

There is no black. It's just WB being WB.

On the becausesoundmatters.com website for the Lips 12" it says SOLD OUT MORE COMING SOON!

so I'd keep checking there, since they appear to be getting a 2nd batch of them.

It also says that it's on black vinyl, I hope what I got from the WB store today is colored.

The description is WRONG!!! Youre getting a multi-colored swirl vinyl unless by the gift of god they accidentally screw up your order and ship you a Glow-In-The-Dark vinyl copy.

For those asking about the timing...

Considering I was the one who broke the news on another board (which IIRC was before it was dropped here) they did NOT cancel/complete orders based on the time it was placed.

It seems to have either been random, or perhaps based on some other criterion. Or, as it is a FL release on WB, it is just that... I was going to bad-mouth them but the only other time they disappointed me (orange Clouds Taste, anyone), they completely fixed the situation -twice (sent me a black replacement first). Can't deny them that.

Unfortunately I am left a bit disappointed this time. I am pretty sure they won't be repressing any more GITD to make up for this blunder. Not the end of the world.

As a side note, my confirmation email for the original order was 11:45 AM Pacific time, I assume. (Info posted on another board at 11:43 AM)