records with "silver smoke"

robotnerd

each of those records are pressed through GZ in the czech republic so a lot of the splatters, swirls, and smoke versions pressed through them are going to have this sandy/dusty/grainy material on them.

my torche 10" has it as well... i'm pretty sure that's pirates press.

yep just to clear things up a little pirates press and recordpressing.com are both brokers in the US that have the records out sourced at pressed at GZ in the czech republic. both pirates press and recordpressing are more so the middle men when dealing with gz, so those two dont exactly press the records themselves.

this is the explanation the site admin over at TRL gave for the dust on the Gone LPs:

"The powder is just dust particles from the pressing plant. It happens often when they change colors on the machine during the same run, especially on clear records. Just wipe it off with a vinyl record brush or a soft cloth. It'll come right off and will not affect the playthrough of the record. If anything, the record will sound better the more times you play it, as the dust clears out of the grooves."

this is the explanation the site admin over at TRL gave for the dust on the Gone LPs:

"The powder is just dust particles from the pressing plant. It happens often when they change colors on the machine during the same run, especially on clear records. Just wipe it off with a vinyl record brush or a soft cloth. It'll come right off and will not affect the playthrough of the record. If anything, the record will sound better the more times you play it, as the dust clears out of the grooves."

Yeah, clears out of the grooves and accumulates on the needle. ::)

my torche 10" has it as well... i'm pretty sure that's pirates press.

yep just to clear things up a little pirates press and recordpressing.com are both brokers in the US that have the records out sourced at pressed at GZ in the czech republic. both pirates press and recordpressing are more so the middle men when dealing with gz, so those two dont exactly press the records themselves.

ive known about this for awhile but i dont really get it. how is it beneficial for someone to order through pirates press or recordpressing.com versus just going direct through GZ? id imagine theirs a markup on that from PP and RP to act as a "broker."

ive known about this for awhile but i dont really get it. how is it beneficial for someone to order through pirates press or recordpressing.com versus just going direct through GZ? id imagine theirs a markup on that from PP and RP to act as a "broker."

basically easier to go through one of the two especially due to time differences and what not.

i can't find any information about how to go directly to GZ. I've tried as it would be my preference.