Macbook pro experts?

jeffbo

So im looking to upgrade my 13" macbook pro I bought almost 2 years ago brand new. The upgrade only consists of extra memory to make programs (specifically photoshop) run a lot faster. Pretty sure it comes stock with 2g of DDR3 RAM(?). The third party mac store says they'd install an extra 6 gigs for me for $200. Im seeing some memory on Fry's website going for $69. Should I buy the Frys memory and do it myself? Or just bite the bullet?

Installing memory is really easy. Most laptops have a little area on the bottom of the case you take off to install it. Just make sure you don't have any static on your hands or you'll fry the mobo. Check out newegg, they have a section where you can input your laptop model and it'll give you a list of what RAM works for it.

As Thomas said, it's super easy to buy RAM and install it yourself. Sometimes there's an Apple "official" amount your unit will take but it may actually recognize and accept more. If you PM me the serial number on your unit, I can give you exact specs on the max RAM your MbP will accept and refer you to a guide on how to install it yourself.