Leatherface - Mush

patron

A repress is available from German-based distro Punk Distro, however it's listed as a fan club pressing. The $20US price tag beats the going rate on eBay however.

http://www.punkdistro.de/shop/Music/LP/Leatherface-Mush-LP::11147.html

http://www.the1stfive.com/?p=18485

There's also a picture disc on eBay (?).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140709019518?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1204

I ordered this. The Euro isn't killing the dollar nearly as bad so it came out to about $20 with shipping. I'll let you all know my thoughts in a couple of weeks when I have it in hand.

There was a rumor that the band sold their's out but I doubt that's true. Still, 500 won't last long considering how long many of us have waited for a copy.

just emailed a friend in Germany who's usually got pretty good knowledge when it comes to bootlegs. I suspect he's done a few himself, but he never tells.

anyways, he said there's at least three bootlegs of Mush around; the one the band did themselves. they had told him they pressed 500 for tour, and would do another 500 soon. they did it to fuck with the label who originally put it out, since they won't repress it. it comes without a lyric sheet.

then there's a version with lyricsheet on colored marbled vinyl that has 'mush a' and 'mush b' on the labels. maybe this is the one punkdistro.de is selling? remains to be seen, I just ordered a copy of this myself today.

third there's the picture disc version that's on ebay right now.

On the question of lyric sheets: punk distro told me this comes on "col. vinyl, lyric sheet and a massive bag" - now, I don't know what color or what he meant by a massive bag. I'll let folks know when it arrives. He also gave it a listen and says the sound quality is excellent. I highly doubt this was pressed from masters but plenty of pressings from CDs have come out great as of late. I can't wait to have my hands on this.

Sorry to all who missed it. Hopefully now that Leatherface is just taking it back squatter style we'll see some more regular pressings. There are few albums that are more deserving of being in print at all times.

Know a guy in Germany that is selling copies of the col boot PunkDistro is now sold out of, PM if you'd like his email, I'm sure he can hook people up with it.

This bootleg is supposed to be out of /500. I will post pics when my copy arrives, should be sometime this week.

Ok, so this is definitely not the version being sold by Leatherface on tour? It is in fact different?

yeah def not the same. here's what I heard from a friend;

"yeah, there are at least 3 different bootlegs around.the one the band is selling on black wax, matrix numbers a+b only, no lyrichseet, 15 euros at shows.on "black label".the band said to me, it is a bootleg to fuck with the label, cause they do not repress it at all. band said, they did 500 and wanna do another 500 soon.

then there is a bootleg with lyricsheet on colored, marble wax, mush a and mush b the labels say. looks overall pretty good.

and ! there is a picture disc version"

the Per Koro mailorder seems to have copies of the bootleg left. Same price as punk distro...

http://www.perkoro.com

btw, the bootleg is on 180 gram grey/black marble vinyl (aka No Idea colored). The labels are the same as on the original 1991 press. The sleeve has no additional information and no mentioning of "Black label records"

Anyone got a spare Tour press copy to trade for a colored boot?

I had nothing to do with any of these records and have zero knowledge, but I wanted to go ahead ad burst your bubble and say that just about any record you own from the mid-90's on was most likely recorded at 16 bit and 44.whatever CD quality is. There are exceptions, but... really. That's just how it is. The whole 24 bit thing is more recent. I think only 3 or 4 records I put out had 24 bit source files... and maybe one or two (since 1990) were cut from analog tape. And maybe none of those were cut analog all the way. Nearly always the analog was run through a digital cutter. Sorry. Truth hurts. That's why they make salve.

Now, knowing that... why do so many records sound better than the CDs they were cut from? Yes, you there in the orange shirt, third row back?