$5 LPs at Acoustic Sounds!

My order has disappeared from there site. I've been checking it daily but now the order is completely gone from my account. Oh well, nothing I needed and with mediocre shipping costs it wasn't an over the top steal of a deal.

Same with me. Was going to cancel anyways, but i guess i don't have to now.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other folks in this thread who hit $60 seemed to get the free shipping even when they received a partial order, email the company and ask for a refund on your shipping. You have a better case than me, I emailed them about getting 1 out of my 2 and paying that high flat shipping but they basically said too bad so sad. Last time I ever order with them, a simple "out of stock" before I added it to the cart woulda been nice.

Their response:

"Dear Sir,

We want to keep you as a happy customer, and so we will agree to credit your card in the amount that you were charged provided that you refuse the package sent to you from Acoustic Sounds, Inc.

Please understand that you were to receive a record at less than half our cost and that the $7.45 shipping rate you were charged is approximately what it costs for us to ship that record to you. You certainly were receiving a fair and favorable price.

Should you place any more orders through this ongoing Sale of the Century, it's important that you understand very clearly that this is a first-come, first-serve, while-supplies last sale. The customer response has been unprecedented. We are doing our absolute best to process the deluge of orders in a chronological order as they come in. In some cases, we may have some 200 orders for an item for which we only have four copies available. As such, there could be instances in which an item you've ordered is no longer available by the time your order is processed. Going forward, we will insist that any sales to you via this advertised Sale of the Century be final.

I hope that you are satisfied with this response and that you will consider further shopping with Acoustic Sounds.

Sincerely,

Nate Lennox

Acoustic Sounds, Inc."

....Don't worry, there won't be any future orders for you to worry about.

I wish they would say what is in stock or not in stock there are a few albums I'd like to get

Yeah, if they are sitting on 200 orders for four in-stock copies, it might be time to think about implementing a real time inventory system linked to their store.

The fact that they didn't have a disclaimer about the free shipping getting revoked, or give me a warning that 92% of my order was out of stock before they charged my card, is what annoys the hell out of me.