Insanity Workout

Kevin - I appreciate you bringing this to the boards. This is a great example of what this community should be focusing on: Bettering each other.

I am super sore, but I have no plans for slowing down. The fact that me and the lady are doing it together definitely helps.

You're right about the warm-ups. Those things are crazy.

I can't wait for steak and icy hot later!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have some accountability for eachother by posting here every day after your workout!

Today: Max Cardio Conditioning followed by Cardio Abs @ 1hr10mins and 980 Calories burned

Made it through Day 3 and was surprised at how the triceps were hit hard. We used the pre/post-workout supplements I bought. I feel great today. However, the lady was up all night sick as a dog. She apparently can't handle the supplements, which stinks because she was really excited about them.

Day 4 is today, and I am not dreading the workout, but not necessarily looking forward to it. How was everyone else's workout yesterday?

Have some accountability for eachother by posting here every day after your workout!

Today: Max Cardio Conditioning followed by Cardio Abs @ 1hr10mins and 980 Calories burned

Made it through Day 3 and was surprised at how the triceps were hit hard. We used the pre/post-workout supplements I bought. I feel great today. However, the lady was up all night sick as a dog. She apparently can't handle the supplements, which stinks because she was really excited about them.

Day 4 is today, and I am not dreading the workout, but not necessarily looking forward to it. How was everyone else's workout yesterday?

When I started I told myself to stick with it for 2 weeks. I figured that would be how much time it would take before I really started to enjoy it. It ended up only taking a week. I think at first it's not something you will look forward to just because you will be real sore. There are days I just feel like going home and not working out, but you just gotta stick with it!

Also, as someone who had not worked out this intensely in years, I found that I had quite a bit of aches/pains (not soreness) and was worried at first. These went away and are all part of your body getting used to workouts. At least, this is what it was in my case.

so i had a setback yesterday. i bitched out and couldn't get myself to do day 3. i know no excuses, but i was being a pussy all day about my sore legs.

good news is, i just finished up with day 3 right now. i feel disappointed that i threw myself off schedule like this, but i plan on going hard the rest of the week. im still motivated and my legs/body as a whole, feel a lot better today and still do after finishing this day 3.

casey: since i took yesterday off, im going to do my day 6 on sunday and start week 2 with you on monday. don't cheat yourself like i just did, and stay motivated man. only a few more days til that off day.

so i had a setback yesterday. i bitched out and couldn't get myself to do day 3. i know no excuses, but i was being a pussy all day about my sore legs.

good news is, i just finished up with day 3 right now. i feel disappointed that i threw myself off schedule like this, but i plan on going hard the rest of the week. im still motivated and my legs/body as a whole, feel a lot better today and still do after finishing this day 3.

casey: since i took yesterday off, im going to do my day 6 on sunday and start week 2 with you on monday. don't cheat yourself like i just did, and stay motivated man. only a few more days til that off day.

Dude, you need to cut yourself some slack! Don't burden yourself with what may be unrealistic expectations. Your doing something healthy, if you miss a day, just keep moving. Dwelling in the negative is just going to kill your motivation.

I was stoked when I put in "Cardio Recovery" which is the Day 4 work out. I looked at the screen and saw that it was only a 33 minute work out, and most of it was slow stretching.

Man, it fooled me. That stuff was tough. But it's nice to not start a workout off with hurdles or butt kicks.

Penny, it's all good. I have had some pretty sore legs myself, but you just got to push through it (like Kevin said). I find that the pain goes away if I work out the next day instead of taking the day off. I hope you aren't even more sore tomorrow!

Glad you did Day 3 today though. We'll all be caught up by Monday.

Yesterday was fun. NOT. It never feels good when your instructor says he's nervous about the workout. Worked my ass off.

Just finished Day 6 (which is the same workout as Day 2). Our DVD player pooped out 2/3 of the way through on Day 2, so we didn't make it to the end. I got a new DVD player before Day 3, so I did the full Plyometrics today. It was ROUGH. The jabs/uppercuts/attacks at the end were fun though.

Honestly, I felt like a million dollars at the end of todays (which was literally 15 minutes ago). I was smiling, and the music letting you know that stretches were right around the bend made me SUPER stoked.

Double Penny, Kevin, where you guys at?

This seems pretty interesting, since I really need to lose weight. From what I read earlier, this is better for just building lean muscle right? I'm not interested in building too much muscle, I would rather be skinny then muscular.

thats awesome dude. im still with it and im doing day 6 in the morning. im stoked its the same as day 2. i physically feel a lot better then i did on day 2 so im pretty excited to take on that workout again. i can tell my cardio is already improving, so im already glad ive started this program.

i cant really tell if i notice a difference in my appearance yet after this first week. i have noticed that my calves have gotten bigger. i had tooth pick legs on day 1 and now i can clearly tell theres some muscle on them now. yocasey, have you noticed anything new about yourself either physically or with your appearance yet?

thats awesome dude. im still with it and im doing day 6 in the morning. im stoked its the same as day 2. i physically feel a lot better then i did on day 2 so im pretty excited to take on that workout again. i can tell my cardio is already improving, so im already glad ive started this program.

i cant really tell if i notice a difference in my appearance yet after this first week. i have noticed that my calves have gotten bigger. i had tooth pick legs on day 1 and now i can clearly tell theres some muscle on them now. yocasey, have you noticed anything new about yourself either physically or with your appearance yet?

No big difference in appearance. Actually, not really a difference at all. But I feel a lot better than I did before I started. Hopefully by the end of week three I'll notice some severe differences. I've been doing the diet too, and only flubbed up twice (six pack on Tuesday and a piece of pizza on Friday). Other than that, to the MAX!

No big difference in appearance. Actually, not really a difference at all. But I feel a lot better than I did before I started. Hopefully by the end of week three I'll notice some severe differences. I've been doing the diet too, and only flubbed up twice (six pack on Tuesday and a piece of pizza on Friday). Other than that, to the MAX!

To me, the diet is the hardest part. I don't follow the Nutrition plan at all. I do eat relatively healthy food, but I also cheat way too much. Oh well!

got the dvd's but i am missing the second day disc. will have to do something else instead.

i haven't started yet but my wife put in the fit test to see what it's all about. i was hurting the next day and that was only the fit test. sheesh.

it's obvious we can't do this together but i can't wait to get started.

got the dvd's but i am missing the second day disc. will have to do something else instead.

i haven't started yet but my wife put in the fit test to see what it's all about. i was hurting the next day and that was only the fit test. sheesh.

You sure you don't have the day 2 DVD? When I got my DVDs, they weren't in any sort of order.

Keep it up! I felt like hell last night after the workout, but every day when I wake up, I feel great. Keep going!

You sure you don't have the day 2 DVD? When I got my DVDs, they weren't in any sort of order.

Keep it up! I felt like hell last night after the workout, but every day when I wake up, I feel great. Keep going!

my buddy gave me the boot version. that was all he had so when i matched them up to the calender i was like awwww shit. i think i know someone who has this so i can ask for it.

haven't started it yet, just threw in the fit test to see what it was all about. i plan on starting this after easter and the only thing i have to figure out is doing it in the morning or evening.

Is everyone keeping up? Talk has died down after the first week. Today is Week 2 Day 2 for me. Pure Cardio. I hate today's workout. Guh.

Keep it up man. Do you have any questions/concerns so far? How are you feeling overall? Sore? Have you started taking any sorts of supplements?

I take a pre and a post workout supplement. I've been following the diet to the T (as has the lady) and we're doing the workout every day.

I'll keep it up, and she will too. I was really sore last night, and I think it's because of the day off on Sunday. I'm pretty excited every day for the workout, until it starts off. It goes quick though, honestly. It's funny how fast 40 minutes flies by. I'm kind of nervous about Saturday. I HATE AB WORK OUTS.

Kevin, how are your results so far? It's hard to find results that aren't biased. It seems that most results or reviews of the Insanity Workout are written by Team Beach Body.

Keep it up man. Do you have any questions/concerns so far? How are you feeling overall? Sore? Have you started taking any sorts of supplements?

I take a pre and a post workout supplement. I've been following the diet to the T (as has the lady) and we're doing the workout every day.

I'll keep it up, and she will too. I was really sore last night, and I think it's because of the day off on Sunday. I'm pretty excited every day for the workout, until it starts off. It goes quick though, honestly. It's funny how fast 40 minutes flies by. I'm kind of nervous about Saturday. I HATE AB WORK OUTS.

Kevin, how are your results so far? It's hard to find results that aren't biased. It seems that most results or reviews of the Insanity Workout are written by Team Beach Body.

The ab workout is actually not bad at all. I look forward to doing that one after Max Cardio. When you get to it, just really try to focus on your form when you get to the C-Sit positions or your back will start to hurt.

My results are mainly in the way I feel. I have a couple pics from Day 1 to somewhere around Day 40 (I haven't taken one recently) that I can show you. I have to pull my belt tighter, my dress shirts are easier to button at the neck, all little things like that. The little things make it feel great, though!