Insanity Workout

Anyone else doing it? Just finished Month 2, Day 1, and it was difficult. They tack on an extra 15 minutes to the workout and many of the moves are much more involved than month 1. I am tired.

If anyone else is doing it, I'd like to share tips/tricks, what you're doing for pre/post workout formulas, nutrition for pre/post workout, etc.

Also, I am interested to see what your goals are by the end of the program and in a brief period afterwards.

My goal is within the month following the end of the program to be able to complete 10 miles running. I'd like to do a marathon eventually...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have seem some results. From a support group I am in for it, the most results come from Month 2, and I can see why.

I wasn't overweight to begin with (maybe 5 pounds) so I haven't lost any weight. I've just thinned out and built a lot of muscle that I had not seen before.

It's worth doing simply because it will kick your ass, and make you so much more fit cardio-wise. I feel so much better about my fitness now, at only one month in. It definitely makes you feel better about yourself.

I've tried, but honestly didn't have the motivation when I did it alone. I should partner up with someone on here and we can tell eachother our results. If we don't hit our goal we have to send the other a cheap record or something :P

You mean so when both of you slack you both get a record out of it?? Haha, that seems counter-productive! I told myself If I got past the first 2 weeks, I'd be fine. It only took a week for me to really enjoy it.

And yes, you can do it at home, in your living room. You just need like a 10x10 space.

Guest dizwod

I was looking into this previously, inbetweeen my gym classes and such i do the "Spartacus workout" which is quite cool and easy to do when im on my night shifts in the office alone.

Going to try "insanity" though i dont think I have the space in my flat for it :(

Ah, thanks for the tip on the torrent, but I just went ahead and ordered it through the site. I'm lazy like that, and just assume buy it for all of the books and calendars and guides and what-not.

Me and the lady are going to do it together, and she's really excited, but then I saw some videos and said "Fuck" under my breath. It doesn't look very fun. Haha.

We've just recently bought a three bedroom home, but it is still tiny, and there isn't a room large enough where both of us would be able to do it together, so I am cleaning out the garage tonight and painting the floor of it tomorrow. We're moving a TV and DVD player out there and setting up a mat in the middle of the garage so we can work out to the extreme. I might post pics of the workout area when I complete it.

Ah, thanks for the tip on the torrent, but I just went ahead and ordered it through the site. I'm lazy like that, and just assume buy it for all of the books and calendars and guides and what-not.

Me and the lady are going to do it together, and she's really excited, but then I saw some videos and said "Fuck" under my breath. It doesn't look very fun. Haha.

We've just recently bought a three bedroom home, but it is still tiny, and there isn't a room large enough where both of us would be able to do it together, so I am cleaning out the garage tonight and painting the floor of it tomorrow. We're moving a TV and DVD player out there and setting up a mat in the middle of the garage so we can work out to the extreme. I might post pics of the workout area when I complete it.

Cool man. Let me know when you start!

Also, if you sign up on the website, I can point you to the guy I have as my "Coach" and he can add you to the Facebook group he has for this. It's a great place if you have questions about basically anything and everything fitness related, whether it is nutrition, technique, etc.

I've never even heard of this. Is it similar to P90X?

P90X is a muscle building workout with some cardio worked in. This workout requires weights (or resistance bands) and some kind of pull up bar.

Insanity is a cardio workout. It is meant to really boost your cardio capabilities, lose weight and build lean muscle. It does not require any equipment.

Just a word of caution on the running 10 mile thing (and with no knowledge of your running experience): cardio fitness does not directly equate to mileage. Build weekly and max distance slowly or you'll hurt yourself. Find one of a billion half marathon beginner programs to follow, a lot of those have a max run of 10 miles in them.

Guest dizwod

I got the Asylum as well which is strength training, was watching all the vids earlier and the "max interval training" looks the same intensity as the classes ive been doing down the gym although those have involved sprints as well but hopefully it has helped set me up for this workout and the Asylum one :S

Just a word of caution on the running 10 mile thing (and with no knowledge of your running experience): cardio fitness does not directly equate to mileage. Build weekly and max distance slowly or you'll hurt yourself. Find one of a billion half marathon beginner programs to follow, a lot of those have a max run of 10 miles in them.

Oh definitely. The 10 mile thing is just a goal for myself. I've only ever done 3 miles at a time before. I used to do it a lot, but it's been a while now. After Insanity I'd like to do 4 miles, and over the next month slowly work my way up.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. It's going to suck for the first week. Kev, did it really only take a week to get into it?

It took me a week because the soreness during the first week is a killer. Your body is going to be put through moves you've never done before. After the first 5-6 days and all the initial soreness was gone, I made it through the first month without really being sore again. I do take have a recovery drink with Glutamine which is supposed to help with soreness.

Now in Month 2 I am finally sore again from all the new moves, but not anywhere near as sore as in Month 1.

As long as you don't get hurt or anything stick with it and you will find that it sort of becomes fun. Also, make sure you have proper shoes. I started doing it with running shoes and the lateral movements KILLED my feet. I got some cross training shoes and my feet were much better.

Guest dizwod

@yocaseycasey why do you have to be such a dick about everything? just stop acting like a child and suck it up. People are allowed to post without fear of some gormless idiot responding because they are a pathetic child, just take it elsewhere or back off