Insanity Workout

I've been thinking about trying this as well after I finish a detox program I am on. Can't handle a workout of this measure given my current caloric intake.

Question for those who have tried the program. Is their any value, or is it even possible, to use it as a supplemental workout. I could never commit to 60 days in a row since I have soccer to or three times a week and wouldn't want a second session at this intensity.

If is too hard of a workout if your only using it every 4 or 5 days. I'm fine with limited results, but not fine is never getting a handle on the difficulty.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am loving the program so far, so I want to try to get people into it and help anyone that is new. I know I had a lot of questions when I first started and there were people around to help me out.

Let me know how you get through your first workout! I think regardless of your fitness level, this is a hard workout.

As far as using the program intermittently: I don't think it would be a problem. If you are already active with an intense cardio workout like Soccer several times a week, I would think you should be in shape enough to tackle the workouts.

I did terrible during the fitness test. I wasn't expecting to do great, but I'm glad this was in the comfort of my own home, where nobody could see me.

I started the meal plan yesterday (my day one), and went grocery shopping yesterday to fulfill the needs of my refrigerator. Me and the lady plan on seeing this the whole way through.

How rough is the jump from a fit test to the next workout?

Also, how can you afford Shakeology Shakes? Those things are expensive!

The workout isnt that much different, I mean theres different exercises obviously and trying to do them whilst watchign the screen can be a bit taxing but your get the hang of it soon enough :)

I myself would rather do this in a class, it would motivate me and push me further, theres one class i do which is a 30min high intensity with weight and resistance bands, its basicly insanity but in a gym enviroment and doing a bit more on building side. Though insanity is a worthy lesson :)

I did terrible during the fitness test. I wasn't expecting to do great, but I'm glad this was in the comfort of my own home, where nobody could see me.

I started the meal plan yesterday (my day one), and went grocery shopping yesterday to fulfill the needs of my refrigerator. Me and the lady plan on seeing this the whole way through.

How rough is the jump from a fit test to the next workout?

Also, how can you afford Shakeology Shakes? Those things are expensive!

Don't trip about your first fitness test. I think it's main purpose is so you have something to guage your progress with and also make sure you can make it through without having a heart attack.

I have put a good amount of money into this because I wanted to make sure I do everything right. I bought cross training shoes, since all I had before were running shoes. I recently bought a heart rate monitor, also. I figure these are things I am going to continue to use. Especially the HRM.

Yeah, the Shakeology is expensive and I was reluctant to try it, but now I love it. THey have a 30 day money back guarantee. You can send them the empty bag back within 30 days if you aren't satisfied. It tastes like chocolate ice cream, makes me feel great and energized, and is just super healthy.

so I have been reading through this since it started and while I want to give it a shot (if I can find a torrent) Im not sure if it is for me. I love the idea of getting into better shape and being healthier, but not sure if I can actually handle it now. I am currently 6'4 245 pounds but dont live nearly as active a lifestyle as I used to. If my cardio is bad now, should I try something else to build it up and then move on to this? Is there any danger healthwise to putting your body through such an intense regimine as this if it cant handle it at first? I know I will get my ass handed to me very quickly and easily doing this at first, but I want to make sure that it wont literally cause a heart attack.

It can't be that hard to cheaply replicate the shake at home. Are the nutrition facts anywhere? Find those and grab Mick and Mimi's ultimate party machine. You're in business.

Google Shakeology Chocolate. It's sold through beachbody.com and there is a PDF with the nutrition facts up there. If you could make it on your own and save the money that would be great. I wouldn't even attempt it. :)

so I have been reading through this since it started and while I want to give it a shot (if I can find a torrent) Im not sure if it is for me. I love the idea of getting into better shape and being healthier, but not sure if I can actually handle it now. I am currently 6'4 245 pounds but dont live nearly as active a lifestyle as I used to. If my cardio is bad now, should I try something else to build it up and then move on to this? Is there any danger healthwise to putting your body through such an intense regimine as this if it cant handle it at first? I know I will get my ass handed to me very quickly and easily doing this at first, but I want to make sure that it wont literally cause a heart attack.

They like to stress visiting a doctor before you start to be sure you can handle it, but I don't really see what a doctor is going to tell you, unless you have heart problems.

I was not in the best shape by any means. I had trouble running 2 miles before the start of this. However, I've always been a bad runner. Before starting I did a lot of mountain biking.

Try the fit test. It is there to kind of show you what you are getting yourself into.

One major thing the program pushes is checking your heart rate. I didn't start this until I was into the second month, but it is stressed during every workout, so you don't exceed an unsafe BPM.

Dude, yesterday was BRUTAL. It was Day 2. I got through the warm-up and was like "What the heck? That was just the WARM-UP!?" Needless to say, by the time I got to the basketball drills (Level 1 to be precise), I was spent. Couldn't even move, sweating, breathing heavier than ever before.

Kevin, tell me this is normal.

Also, the lady said she's heard people on the infomercial or online somewhere saying that they've lost 15 inches and they didn't even do the diet!? I'm guessing these are overall inches (waist, thighs, arms, etc).

Anywho, I'm pretty damn sore today, but I'll keep pressing on. I believe others in here started the same day I did.

Double Penny: How was your day 2?

And Stickler: How goes week 2?

Week two slow, Ive been ill so im just doing the routienes when I can fit them in and feel upto it.

End of the day any exercise is better than nothing, I am not doing the diets either I am just eating what I used to minus the snacks and pizza :) and have lost a stone in 2 months when i dont really want to lose the weight but im not doind any muscle training.

I know what you mean when it comes to the drills though, it seems to be going OK then it goes into over drive

We're doing the diet, and it's actually pretty fun. My boss cracks me up. He says: You guys are on a diet? What kind of diet? The eat-all-the-damn-time diet?

I think the food guide is the best part of this. It is now day 3, and I am pretty perky overall.

(The lady uses the term perky, and the term perky has somehow infiltrated my vocabulary. Apologies for the gayness)

My day 2 was the same man. Im still so sore from day 1 so ive been rubbing icy hot on my legs and back all day. It helped to put some on right before the workout. ive also been chugging some NO-xplode (pre-workout drink) and that seems to help get me in the mood to start the workout. Im doing my day 3 later tonight so hopefully it goes better.

Im hoping by the start of week 2 my cardio is improved to where i can actually hang with shaun t during the workout. i had to take way to many breaks. any drill that involves jumping or squats (especially both) is whats been killer for me.

My day 2 was the same man. Im still so sore from day 1 so ive been rubbing icy hot on my legs and back all day. It helped to put some on right before the workout. ive also been chugging some NO-xplode (pre-workout drink) and that seems to help get me in the mood to start the workout. Im doing my day 3 later tonight so hopefully it goes better.

Im hoping by the start of week 2 my cardio is improved to where i can actually hang with shaun t during the workout. i had to take way to many breaks. any drill that involves jumping or squats (especially both) is whats been killer for me.

I KNOW!

I actually bought Icy Hot last night for my legs.

I'll be doing day 3 later today as well. Hang with it man! Let's make it through this together!

I'm just hoping I can make it through a whole workout by the end of week 2. I can make it through 2/3s and then I feel like dough.

I was able to finish the DL last night for this and am going to check out the fit test a bit later today to see if it is something I can possibly do. Im not entirely stoked about having to do it in front of a tv/computer though.

Shawn T is nuts. He can handle this workout WHILE motivating people and talking at the same time.

I was able to finish the DL last night for this and am going to check out the fit test a bit later today to see if it is something I can possibly do. Im not entirely stoked about having to do it in front of a tv/computer though.

Shawn T is nuts. He can handle this workout WHILE motivating people and talking at the same time.

Do it! You'll only be a couple days behind me and Penny. We'll all motivate each other!

my buddy has the boot version of this but is missing a disc. is it crucial to follow the meal plan?

I heard it isn't necessary, but we're following it to the t. Figure if we're going to exercise every day, we might as well follow the meal plan too. It's just 60 days.

yeah i can set a plan for myself. i have lost over 50 pounds about 6 years ago and kept it off until i had my twin girls over a year ago. had to change my work schedule a bit.

i work 2nd shift and get home around 11 so i pig the fuck out and go to sleep. in the process i have gained 25 pounds since working that shift.

I hear you. That's the hardest part for me and Emily; when we're watching TV before bed, we want to snack out of habit.

The workout sucks at first, but I am looking forward to the workouts, and it just feels good to be consciously doing something about my body.

i hear you on that. right now i am just doing perfect pushups with the girls on my back...haha.

probably going to start doing these at night instead of snacking. will probably just have some sort of shake before i workout.

@Casey: Dude you are going to be sore as fuck and it's going to be hard to finish the workouts. The program is no joke, it will kick your ass. The WARMUP alone is more of a workout than most people do on a regular basis.

I was so incredibly sore for the first week. I had trouble walking haha. Also, I was super tired the first week as my body adjusted to to punishment. Push through the first week or so and you will love it, I promise. You will start to feel great.

Taking breaks is not something you should feel bad about. As long as you are giving it your all there is nothing to be ashamed of. The basketball jumps are tiring as hell!

You guys are already on the right track and doing more than the average person is willing to do. I've got 17 calendar days left in the program and I feel great... better than I've ever felt before.

In regards to the lost inches: I think people do count overall inches. I don't keep track of that sort of thing. I just take progress pics and use that as my motivator.

Taking a post-workout drink with Glutamine in it will help with your soreness.

Stick with it guys! Push through your workouts and just look forward to your recovery workouts and off days. Fair warning though, recovery workouts are still workouts.