Insanity Workout

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I have been super sick since last Monday, and couldn't figure out what the hell it was. I felt a little better on Friday, ended up going to Chicago, and then got SICKER. Now I've been couch-ridden for the last two days, and it's looking like the next two as well. I will be starting it up again at the beginning of week two. However, before the sickness, it was definitely showing me results.

I just started reading this thread and got super stoked on it until the end where Casey's immune system attacked him and he was left feeble and helpless on his couch. (Seriously, I pictured the whole scenario like a movie). I'm gonna get in on this! I just moved and have wanted to start eating more healthy and FEELING more healthy. Finding the DVD's today. Starting them after I get back from Pensacola this weekend.

downloaded the torrent a couple days ago, and skimmed through the first couple bits last night. this looks treacherous- reminds me of the interval training i did during hs track. as badly as that sucked, it still felt sooo good.

im just unsure of where im gonna do this. with jumping and whatnot, i dont feel comfortable at all doing it in my bedroom. might have to go outside to do it, but that seems like something that would allow me to get lazy about it real quickly.

stbreak and ryan, I encourage you to do it. I can't wait to start up again.

Also, stbreak, looking forward to listening to your podcast dude!

Thanks dude! I think the whole podcast thing is gonna be fun.

I'm gonna do a little photo journal when I start and take weekly pictures over the course of the program. I'm already a pretty slim guy (5'10 140lbs), but I've always wanted to have muscular definition. I don't want muscle growth, just being healthy and fit and toning up. I'm gonna try to convince my neighbor to do this with me so I'm not doing it by myself.

stbreak and ryan, I encourage you to do it. I can't wait to start up again.

Also, stbreak, looking forward to listening to your podcast dude!

Thanks dude! I think the whole podcast thing is gonna be fun.

I'm gonna do a little photo journal when I start and take weekly pictures over the course of the program. I'm already a pretty slim guy (5'10 140lbs), but I've always wanted to have muscular definition. I don't want muscle growth, just being healthy and fit and toning up. I'm gonna try to convince my neighbor to do this with me so I'm not doing it by myself.

I was always skinny through highschool. As soon as that I ended I gradually got up to 185 @ 5'9 haha. That's where I am still at now, but not even close to as much fat as 3 months ago.

How's it going Casey? You should be in Recovery Week now by my count?

For those of you doing it and interested, I finished the program and took a week off. I started Month 2 again yesterday, so today was M2W1D2.

Also, as far as some goals I had set, I am getting ready to accomplish one soon. I am taking my Firefighter Physical Agility Test one week from this Sunday, and I am to kick the snot out of it. Passing is 10 minutes, I want to do it in <8 minutes.

I just started 3 days ago. It's fucking exhausting. I'm not a fatty, I just wanna tone up and build up stamina. It seems like this will definitely help. I wanna do the run for your life 5k in October. I don't wanna be killed by a zombie. Haha.

A friend just linked me that today. I definitely want to do it, just not alone haha.

And yeah I wasn't a fatty when I started either, but compared to how I perform now, I was so out of shape.

I guess everyone stopped doing this?!

Ha nope. I'm still doing it. I feel like a bitch though. Has anyone actually done the entire warmup without stopping during non water break times? Eff that. I stop like 5 times for water. Haha.

And what are the rules about being super sore? Are you not suppose to workout that day and just continue when you've recovered? I can only do like 2 days and then I need a day or two. But I also work construction so I'm sure that doesn't help.

I guess everyone stopped doing this?!

Ha nope. I'm still doing it. I feel like a bitch though. Has anyone actually done the entire warmup without stopping during non water break times? Eff that. I stop like 5 times for water. Haha.

And what are the rules about being super sore? Are you not suppose to workout that day and just continue when you've recovered? I can only do like 2 days and then I need a day or two. But I also work construction so I'm sure that doesn't help.

You can take things so you aren't sore the next day. I use the P90X Results and Recovery formula the program advertises and it works great. Before I was using that I would workout regardless how sore I was.

And yeah, at the beginning the warm up was hard. I can completely do all the warm ups now, no problem. Every warm up in the 2nd month has a solid 45 seconds of switch kicks, too.

You can take things so you aren't sore the next day. I use the P90X Results and Recovery formula the program advertises and it works great. Before I was using that I would workout regardless how sore I was.

And yeah, at the beginning the warm up was hard. I can completely do all the warm ups now, no problem. Every warm up in the 2nd month has a solid 45 seconds of switch kicks, too.

Damn. Haha. Have you seen results yet? I feel like this whole workout is more leg oriented.

I'm taking protein formula. Maybe I'll look into the results and recovery stuff. My legs feel like jello today. Haha. The cardio recovery seemed so easy but it fucked up my thighs. Hahaha.

Yeah, I have seen great results doing this. Your legs will get ridiculous. By the end of the first month I felt like my legs had nothing left to give. Then I got my recovery week and I was fine for the 2nd month. I've got muscles in my thighs that I didn't know were there.

I like the 2nd month workouts much more than the 1st months.

Yeah, I have seen great results doing this. Your legs will get ridiculous. By the end of the first month I felt like my legs had nothing left to give. Then I got my recovery week and I was fine for the 2nd month. I've got muscles in my thighs that I didn't know were there.

I like the 2nd month workouts much more than the 1st months.

I went on the beach body message board just now and a lot of people say that a good multi vitamin has almost all the same stuff as the p90x. I'm already taking arganine so I just need to buy more multi vitamins. I've been out for like 2 weeks. I was waiting for gold week at gnc. Maybe that's why I'm so sore, I ran out of like half my regular vitamins.