Reason Rally

probably to say that its fucking absurd that in 2012, our presidential candidacies are still heavily based on religious views, while all sorts of common sense and decency are cast aside.

I'm not looking to debate with anyone. I'm just trying to say is it's odd to me that a bunch of people are going to get together to listen to some high school girl prattle on about what she doesn't believe in. I guess I'd think these very smart and important people would have better things to do on a Saturday. I guess not. Enjoy.

So does believing in God somehow prohibit having common sense and decency? Are all atheists gifted with common sense and decency?

Call me crazy, but the common sense solution to presidential candidates you don't agree with is not to vote for them.

when youre that vehemently against abortion and gay rights in the name of god, then yes, religion does manage to prevent common sense and decency.

Whats the point of anyone getting together to discuss and rally about anything? Its called discourse. Its also basically to bring attention the fact that not everyone believes in a higher power and that there is empowerment besides religion. Sorry if you're offended.

I'm not at all offended, I'm rather amused... and envious of the free time people must have to attend nonsense like this. Again, enjoy your Saturday.

Whats the point of anyone getting together to discuss and rally about anything? Its called discourse. Its also basically to bring attention the fact that not everyone believes in a higher power and that there is empowerment besides religion. Sorry if you're offended.

I'm not at all offended, I'm rather amused... and envious of the free time people must have to attend nonsense like this. Again, enjoy your Saturday.

I'm envious of all the free time people must have to attend Bills games every season.

I'm not looking to debate with anyone. I'm just trying to say is it's odd to me that a bunch of people are going to get together to listen to some high school girl prattle on about what she doesn't believe in. I guess I'd think these very smart and important people would have better things to do on a Saturday. I guess not. Enjoy.

I would imagine she would talk about the court case rather than her lack of belief. She's just a high schooler though and probably not the most exciting speaker.

I think non-belief will be a background theme to most speakers as they talk about things they do. The Amazing Randi talking about magic/magicians (and frauds), Eddie Izzard doing mostly comedy, Lawrence Krauss mostly physics, etc. This is only my assumption though, so you may very well be right and if that's the case it would be a pretty boring rally.

not my kind of thing (I'm an atheist, but it seems like too much of a hassle), but everyone and their mom seems to have a rally in DC, so atheists might as well, too. having said that, I /am/ excited for the fox news coverage

and I can't imagine that anyone is going to this thing for that girl (other than her friends and family), so singling her out as a ~"why would people go to listen to her?" thing seems kinda silly