Story of the Year, Sum41, Anberlin, Saosin

RE: Translating The Name
ive spoken to beau and their manager about it in the last 6 months, neither have any interest in "reliving the past" so good luck to anyone who wants to try...id love to own this one way or another

http://vinylcollective.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=vinylcollectivecooplabel&action=display&thread=30732

LOL nice, i love being quoted from 2 years ago!

This is still the case though, I LOVE this ep but theres not chance of it legally being pressed any time soon. The band and management own the tracks and they hate that time period for the band apparently.

IF ANYONE HAS A BOOTLEG THOUGH(which im pretty sure doesn't even exist) then pm me and id be happy to make a nice offer on it

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking from personal experience, Beau is a generally awesome guy and super nice to work with. He's really busy, and as a result he forgets what we were talking about last time every time we talk. I wouldn't be surprised if someone who was serious contacted him now and caught him in a good mood and some Saosin stuff gets pressed.

Speaking from personal experience, Beau is a generally awesome guy and super nice to work with. He's really busy, and as a result he forgets what we were talking about last time every time we talk. I wouldn't be surprised if someone who was serious contacted him now and caught him in a good mood and some Saosin stuff gets pressed.

Ive tried and he is a really nice guy but the few times I mentioned it to him, he nor their manager who supposedly owns the masters were interested but that was 2+ years ago.

A few years back I was talking with Beau thru email and they wanted to release Translating the Name on vinyl as a HT exclusive then they went on tour and I never heard from them again. Not sure if they changed their mind of what.

I wouldnt be surprised to see some Saosin vinyl pressed though.

any possibility of story of the year's paige ave?

A few years back I was talking with Beau thru email and they wanted to release Translating the Name on vinyl as a HT exclusive then they went on tour and I never heard from them again. Not sure if they changed their mind of what.

I wouldnt be surprised to see some Saosin vinyl pressed though.

No clue but I kinda doubt it. They were just a less popular version of The Used and vinyl from The Used isnt exactly flying off record shelves. I cant imagine the label releasing this on vinyl so unless someone wants to license it I dont see it happening.

I remember when I first heard some 2 song sampler of Story of the Year that my friend got at Warped back in the day and I actually thought it was The Used.

No clue but I kinda doubt it. They were just a less popular version of The Used and vinyl from The Used isnt exactly flying off record shelves. I cant imagine the label releasing this on vinyl so unless someone wants to license it I dont see it happening.

I remember when I first heard some 2 song sampler of Story of the Year that my friend got at Warped back in the day and I actually thought it was The Used.

I fully realize I am in no place to musically judge anyone but, story of the year is one of the worst fucking bands I have ever head. I had friends that loved them. I no longer have those friends.

Story of the Year was my jam is sixth grade.

Yeah. Exactly. xDD But, I would buy Page Avenue, and only Page Avenue. It'd be a nice nostalgia thing.

But in all seriousness, someone should try contacting Beau about TTN again. If he says no, fuck it. If he says yes, hell yeah. Or, in the much more mature approach, everyone flood their FB and Twitter demanding it be licensed or pressed by them. I'd considering buying their S/T, and I'd definitely buy the album that they haven't made with Tilian yet.

Story of the Year was my jam is sixth grade.

Yeah. Exactly. xDD But, I would buy Page Avenue, and only Page Avenue. It'd be a nice nostalgia thing.

But in all seriousness, someone should try contacting Beau about TTN again. If he says no, fuck it. If he says yes, hell yeah. Or, in the much more mature approach, everyone flood their FB and Twitter demanding it be licensed or pressed by them. I'd considering buying their S/T, and I'd definitely buy the album that they haven't made with Tilian yet.

Nostalgia is fucking powerful. Hell, I'd buy so many bands based on the nostalgia factor alone.

Im trying to get Too Bad You're Beautiful pressed. Really hope that happens, I love that album. Always thought it was by far their best.

Really? That's awesome! I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But The Fiction We Live kinda highlighted my whole middle school existance and it's still one of my favorite albums. Maybe if you get that pressed, there's hope for getting Fiction pressed. If I had the money and knew anything about licensing albums, I'd love to do it, but it's not happening right now. :P

Im trying to get Too Bad You're Beautiful pressed. Really hope that happens, I love that album. Always thought it was by far their best.

Really? That's awesome! I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But The Fiction We Live kinda highlighted my whole middle school existance and it's still one of my favorite albums. Maybe if you get that pressed, there's hope for getting Fiction pressed. If I had the money and knew anything about licensing albums, I'd love to do it, but it's not happening right now. :P

haha Damn that makes me feel old. I was like 20-21 when that album came out.

Story of the Year was badass IMO when they came out. I saw them live and thought I was sweet because "no one knew them yet", and they did roundhouse kicks and jumped off their amps and shit. Then I saw them live again, and they did roundhouse kicks and jumped off their amps and shit. Then I saw them again, and, well you get it. Then I realized, welp, this isn't going to get any better/different, I'm bailing now.

Yet I still have a soft spot for Page Avenue and would probably buy it on teh vinylz.

haha Damn that makes me feel old. I was like 20-21 when that album came out.

Lol, no, see, it came out when I was like eleven, but then I heard it in middle school. :P

omfgz, they pressed it on black? i MUST have it!!

but no seriously, i understand most of you guys hate sum41, and thats fine, but im just curious how "chuck" got pressed but infected didnt? also that anberlin's ntfp took this long, but cities has been out for awhile. just weird. all albums (that in my opinion) deserve the vinyl treatment more-so than others.

how about a re-press of finch- WIITB? or funeral for a friend's CDADIC? or silverstein's WBIEF? dont wanna pay hundreds of dollars for this shit lol.