Anyone here play Magic?

I played a lot in the mid-90s but once I entered high school I switched over to playing ungodly amounts of Quake, StarCraft and the like. I did have a little bit of a resurgence within the last year but all I was doing was printing proxies and playing with those. I could not bring myself to pay the big bucks to have the real cards... not when there are records to be bought!

i stopped buying magic cards around the time Portal came out.

i remember all those portal cards feeling really childish in comparison to some of the earlier stuff.

i had a collection of close to a thousand cards that i sold for about $750.

i still have an interest in it, and i bought the new MTG video game on steam, but i haven't bought a physical deck in well over 10 years.

I played the crap out of the new game when it came out. I assume you're referring to Duel of the Planeswalkers, right?

I found that game to be immensely helpful in understanding the game's mechanics. You really have to pay close attention as to when you do certain things because if you don't you miss out big time and can potentially lose a game.

yeah, unless theres some revised dual lands in the lot (the ones that count as both of the basic land types they make) the most expensive card you listed is the dreadnought which is 20. a couple others are worth 2-3$.

if you want the standard pricing most folks use for trades/selling check out tcgplayer.com its kinda like the discogs of magic cards.

I need to get rid of my cards.

I have a box full and they range from a little beta and alpha and some unlimited lots of revised and fourth and then up to about six or eight years ago.

A few from Legends and Dark too.

I sold my power cards on eBay for about 800 bucks (dual lands and force of wills) but I still have a bunch of good shit.

I intend to make a list anyways so I could post it here.

Would anyone be interested in maybe buying some or all of them depending on what I have?