Music on Vinyl (White Zombie- Astro Creep)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have like 1500 records. Poly lined sleeves not really an option

I am just not an animal when I remove them

I have between 1500-2k. I don't count them so I don't know the exact amount. It has nothing to do with being an "animal when I remove them."

I dont count them either, but I do catalogue them and it gives me an amount

I also take them out of the printed insert they come in and put them in the paper sleeves. I get 100 of them for 5 bucks

I dont have any "paper scratches on any of my records"

That works for me! I've been wanting a copy for the longest time but not only is the OG press hella expensive but it's also on not-so-great glow in the dark vinyl...

The OG european pressings are on black vinyl with a printed inner sleeve.

IMHO, I found that this record always sounded a bit steely, kinda like it was recorded on an ADAT machine. Not horrible, mind you. Just not as warm and punchy as some other big guitar rock records in my collection.

If the original pressing plant was using the 16 bit CD master to pressing the original LP, it would explain the lack of warmth on that pressing.

I wonder if the MOV pressing sounds any better?

I have between 1500-2k. I don't count them so I don't know the exact amount. It has nothing to do with being an "animal when I remove them."

I dont count them either, but I do catalogue them and it gives me an amount

I also take them out of the printed insert they come in and put them in the paper sleeves. I get 100 of them for 5 bucks

I dont have any "paper scratches on any of my records"

Lovely. I'm not trying to argue with you so you know. I just like using the poly lined inner sleeves and feel they are the best for records.

Nice! Will most likely grab that from the same dude I grabbed La Sexorcisto from. I did not expect them to release another Zombie album so quickly. I used to have the blue Astro Creep but I had to sell it at the same time I sold my glow La Sexorcisto.

Since they're doing multiple WZ albums, hopefully they do more QOTSA as well. I'm hoping for a SFTD repress at some point. I have the UK version but it's not a very good pressing.

Nice! Will most likely grab that from the same dude I grabbed La Sexorcisto from. I did not expect them to release another Zombie album so quickly. I used to have the blue Astro Creep but I had to sell it at the same time I sold my glow La Sexorcisto.

Since they're doing multiple WZ albums, hopefully they do more QOTSA as well. I'm hoping for a SFTD repress at some point. I have the UK version but it's not a very good pressing.

Josh Homme was quoted as to be putting out "multiple" QOTSA records out soon, but he said that about a year ago when he was the ambassador of RSD. I have the Euro presses too, but wouldn't mind a higher quality remaster.

I'm hoping that Sexy Sounds is next.

Josh Homme was quoted as to be putting out "multiple" QOTSA records out soon, but he said that about a year ago when he was the ambassador of RSD. I have the Euro presses too, but wouldn't mind a higher quality remaster.

Haha, I take what he says with a grain of salt. He's been saying there will be a Desert Sessions box set for like the last 6-7 years (among other QOTSA/related releases).