Just moved to Orlando / RSD

So I just moved to Orlando (technically Winter Park) and I wanted to see which of my new VC friends were gonna be out at Park Ave on RSD. I don't know anyone down here, other than my cute 21 year old neighbor, so I thought I'd see who else is in the area. Check out my trade list and you can see the kind of music I'm into. I'll definitely be at a lot of shows down here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have a bit in common music wise. I live 2 hours from Orlando but im there alot. I'll be there sunday and then next saturday for rsd but I'll be there for the records and then I have to drive south for a show im playing at 1.

I was actually checking out your store the other day and I assumed that we had some music things in common (plus the element 101 / strongarm / I Need T&N thing). Definitely let me know if you're playing/going to any shows around the area. I'm always down for a good show and I don't mind a little bit of a drive.

Post pics of the neighbor.

I've known her for literally 4 days... I don't want to seem like a creep right off the bat, but I'll see what I can do.

it was a clusterfuck with a big ass line.

that was what it was

Somebody comes out of the store, somebody goes in

and once you got in, it was packed

I'm planning on making a trip there this weekend just so I can check it out and ask them how they're going to work on the 21st. I don't want to be the n00b who doesn't understand how things work on my first RSD.

I'll be at Park Ave again this year. I live about 45 minutes south east of Orlando. If you're serious about getting some of the really limited stuff I wouldn't arrive past 7 AM or so. I'll be there earlier than that!

Also, in terms of how it works: They open at normal business hours (10 AM I think), and they let people in about 5-10 at a time. Take your time once you're inside because you'll be waiting a long time to get back in if you forget something. The line was backed up until nearly 5 PM last year.

I'll be going to Park Ave too this year. It seems to get bigger and bigger each year. There are alot of good shows coming up. Look at the calendar for Wills Pub and The Social. If you like to drink Odins Den is always a fun place. If you like comics my friends shop A Comic Shop is awesome. There is another cool record shop in Orlando called Rock and Roll Heaven but they mostly carry older stuff.

I headed to Park Ave CD's today around 6:30pm... finally left the store at 8:45pm. I literally spent over two hours in the store looking through their stock / talking to the "vinyl guy" about the Pro-Ject Debut III and why I should get a better turntable. I was surprised that they carried the Pro-Ject line, and the guy literally gave me a class in everything to do with record players. I just started collecting about 6 months ago, so it was nice for someone to take a full hour out of his day to teach me a bunch of stuff that I don't know. He seemed stoked just to be able to give someone else the knowledge in all honesty. All the dudes there were super rad... I see myself spending a lot of time and money in that store. They also said I show up no later than 7am for RSD.

I've heard good things about The Social... I'll definitely check that place out. Same with Rock and Roll Heaven. What I'm looking for are the good hole in the wall bars/pubs/restaurants that I should go to. Any recommendations?

They also said I show up no later than 7am for RSD.

This for sure. Me and my buddy showed up last year at like 9:30 and we waited 4 hours to get in. I ripped my sleeves off my casualties shirt and bought some PBR from the gas station next door just to be a cool punk haha I seriously did that though. Then yelled at cars because it was so hot that the 2 tall boys I had worked through me quick. I would say 7 is even a little late. Me him and my wife will be there. Me and her will be the only 2 people with our hair done that early. Psychos gotta look good haha

Go to 4 Rivers BBQ. Come to this show. http://www.facebook.com/events/324588800923381/

yoooooo 4 Rivers is soo fucking good. possibly the best bbq joint I've ever been to. I'm from Orlando but don't live there anymore, anytime I'm home though I get my fix.

Just went to 4 Rivers BBQ... So. Freakin. Good. I literally wanted to order everything on the menu. Great recommendation!! +1 to both of you when I get home.

I haven't gone since whenever that Leatherface, Monikers show a couple years ago but Redlight Redlight is another good bar... great beers + prices.

If it wasn't a weekday, I'd be heading down for that Menzingers, Cheap Girls show... instead I'll catch it up here instead :)

Freaking Orlando would schedule Menzingers, GK Tour, and P.TM all downtown on the same night.

it was a clusterfuck with a big ass line.

that was what it was

Somebody comes out of the store, somebody goes in

and once you got in, it was packed

[image]

This was the end of the line at ten when we got there. It loops around where we're at and then continues a good bit around the corner. So you can either wait the three hours from 7-10 or three hours from opening like we did.