BRMC - Howl

Has it been confirmed that the website will indeed have exclusive versions of the vinyl available nowhere else?

This is straight from their site...

Available for the first time ever on vinyl outside of the UK. This re-release of Howl is Double Gatefold Heavyweight Vinyl printed on limited edition brown/yellow recycled vinyl exclusive to the website.

I would assume since the picture disc doesn't say that then it will be available elsewhere

I feel so fucked over by this release. It's not heavy weight at all. Feels like a standard weight (less than 140g) and the colors aren't even what's listed. My A/B is clear red and C/D is clear brown with some black streaks. One record was in a standard white sleeve with a printed sleeve with it and then the second record was in the printed sleeve so it has a nice big seam split. If you have Devil's Tattoo it's the same weight as that release. I'll post pics in a minute

I feel so fucked over by this release. It's not heavy weight at all. Feels like a standard weight (less than 140g) and the colors aren't even what's listed. My A/B is clear red and C/D is clear brown with some black streaks. One record was in a standard white sleeve with a printed sleeve with it and then the second record was in the printed sleeve so it has a nice big seam split. If you have Devil's Tattoo it's the same weight as that release. I'll post pics in a minute

bummer. so this is the version sold on their site?

agreed. it does say recycled vinyl which most vinyl from Cobraside is so i'd imagine the exclusive color is the brown disc and then the other record will all be random colors maybe? i emailed Randy at Cobraside to see what the deal is because the heavyweight vinyl is the main thing that is aggravating to me since it isn't heavyweight IMO.

From Randy

1.       The band was not to have identified a specific color in their presales as during the month of April (in particular) with the entire country pressing for Record Store Day it is impossible to foresee what colors will or not be available; having said that the plant was running unique colors for band sales never to be repeated, which is what you received.

2.       We do not advertise 180 gram vinyl, we run the heaviest records we can make on non-180 gram presses. This is usually in the 150-160 gram range.

Hope this addresses your concerns

Thanks

I personally compared it to records I know to be 140-150g and the Howl records don't feel as heavy but looks like these are the best we're going to get. Interesting that he said the band wasn't suppose to advertise color and everything is random. Oh well. It sounds great so I'm happy with that at least.