VC Podcast (A Community Driven Effort)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that was quick! lol

I'm going to need a couple other pieces of the puzzle before we launch this bad boy. We still need a solid name, logo. Although that's not fully necessary, it helps! I'd like to have at least 3 episodes locked and loaded.

stbreak will have dibs on the first proper installment, everyone can begin working on a show.

For the moment you can upload the mp3 to mediafire and PM the link.

this interests me. but its probably one of those things id sign up for but never follow through on.

even though id love the opportunity to geek out over music i love for a while.

this interests me. but its probably one of those things id sign up for but never follow through on.

even though id love the opportunity to geek out over music i love for a while.

Give it a shot. Hell, you could ever record your voice on your iPhone. It's super easy and fun.

It looks like everyone is leaning towards the For The Record title. Is anyone out there good at making logos?

Although we can have different album art per episode, our podcast will need a logo for iTunes/Podcast databases, and if I make a Facebook/Twitter for it.

I think I will return to http://cyberears.com/ since I'm already familiar with their site and it's rather inexpensive. http://libsyn.com/3/alt-index.php will also give us a smartphone app for the show but it cost 4X as much as Cyberears and if this doesn't take off or dies within a few months I'd rather be out of $20 than $80 ;)

Let's say it takes off, I can easily switch the feed.

From SRC:

Hey

I know you don't want to make this SRC affiliated in any way so don't think this idea has anything to do with that.

We also own a radio station "PunkRadioCast" that currently has an audience of anywhere between 4,000 - 6,000 unique people streaming simultaneously at any given time. If you want to air your podcast on the radio station in addition to offering it as a download you guys are more than welcome to. Shows are advertising free. The ads will air before or after IF anything. It won't interrupt your show in any way. We do not make profit from the radio station. We instead just do a trade for ad space or help out labels we like. However it has been around for almost 15 years so it has a huge audience.

We currently host a variety of shows. Not all are punk. Joe Sibs Complete Control Radio airs on PRC on Fridays. Blaq from the Dwarves does a show Thursday. We have a guy in Western Canada who does live interviews. He does a show and podcast. We have a group of guys who do a show Mondays with mostly indie and alt rock content. Darrin Pfieffer of Goldfinger will be launching a show with Darrin of the Salads in the next week or two as well!

If you don't want to do it that is fine too! Just thought I would throw it out there. We are always looking for new content. It doesn't have to be exclusive and I find it helps your podcast downloads. If you have questions let me know

Jenna

What do youse guys think? I feel our punk rock tendencies will thrive, specifically because we're not trying to make this into a giant thing opposed to a way for us to express ourselves and share the music we love.

No one (besides the artists) should make a single cent off of this, than again I want to freely promote the music we care about.

iTunes of course. We'll have our own feed but iTunes is the place, play counts = free exposure.

The more I think about it, fuck a prologue. These shows that are done are more than substantial. I'll probably just post episode 1 tomorrow and eventually do my own later on in the first dozen.

I want more shows preloaded. I imagine when you all hear how kickass the shows I've heard are you'll be all over doing your own episode. I feel like it's Christmas :D

Yeah I am looking forward to recording this thing...just have to get some school stuff out of the way first. Hopefully I can have something submitted by this weekend.