Vinyl Auction, alternatives to ebay?

Random Question.

Would you guys be interested in a website kind of like eBay, except exclusively for vinyl?

Main reason I want to do this, is that i feel eBay is seriously over charging for their services, and severely under delivering. They almost ALWAYS side with the buyer and don't take important things into account [buyer history, seller history, actual facts, and proof of purchases, generally have shit customer service, etc..], and seriously double dip with the fees (paypal gets a cut, and eBay gets a cut as well, despite being the same company).

Anyway, one of my friends is a pretty talented programmer, and I had an idea of why not making an auction website, solely for vinyl . That way, when searching, we dont find like a thrice CD or a dumb brand new car decal, when looking for a record.

I also have a whole bunch of ideas to make it a better buying experience in general. For example, when searching for a brand new record, sometimes you'll see a listing for a thrice record, cause the seller made this the auction name "ALEXISONFIRE CRISIS PIC DISK THRICE BRAND NEW DALLAS GREEN CITY AND COLOUR".

And as annoying as those things can be, in a sense they can also useful, because I remember once I was looking for a a record, and saw a different one [with one of those titles] at a pretty good price, so i purchased it. So in order to solve this i had the idea of including a related band function, where you can pick up to 5 bands, that your artist sounds similar to. That way when searching, you don't have an overly obnoxious title, but someone looking for a minus the bear record, might also find a different record from a band they like.

Price wise, I'd say something fair would be to charge 99¢ for the listing, which you only pay if it sells. For people that want to sell more than 10 records a month, I was thinking of maybe charging for a yearly, or monthly subscription.

Thoughts, or any kind of feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I'm saying that we need to get vinyl off the Internet and back into the stores if more stores had vinyl it would surely slow down flippers because the owners could/probably would stop the flippers from buying multiple copies for eBay

Says someone looking for records on the internet.

Who could have guessed that moonbeams would be in this thread?

Who is moonbeams? And of course I'm looking for records on the internet it's not like I enjoy it (or have the choice) if I had the choice to get all my records from a record store I would but some releases end up online only and then get sold out in minutes by flippers

Who is moonbeams? And of course I'm looking for records on the internet it's not like I enjoy it (or have the choice) if I had the choice to get all my records from a record store I would but some releases end up online only and then get sold out in minutes by flippers

You can only control you.

Moonbeams is PinapplePizza. Paul loves me.