Won a record with good price, seller ignores

Ugh

Need to rant.

So, Ive been looking for this vinyl for quite some time (Enslaved - Sleeping Gods). Since this is a promo item and was never for sale at public, the auction is the only way to get this. The prices have been from 20 USD to hundreds for this (specially right after the release). The price Im willing to pay for it is maybe 40 USD with shipping.

In the last month I have won this item for TWICE with a reasonably good price (20 USD or so). The first time the seller refused to ship overseas, the second time (other seller) doesnt even respond to my e-mails (doesnt send me the total for shipping). The reason why they are doing this is obviously that they want more money for it. Has anyone had similar experiences, what did you do?

Had the same problem just last week. Got a record for $8 that usually went for $20 to $25. Seller indicated that handling would be 48 hrs and the delivery date would be Almost two weeks after end of auction with priority shipping. The expected delivery day came and went so I emailed him several times with no response so I opened a claim against him almost three weeks after the end of auction. I received the item four days after I filed the claim. He sent it media mail, which I paid priority pricing, and it came in a hardly taped minilla envelop a single cardboard backing piece with what was in the package on the outside. The spine was split all the way down and I'm missing corners from the packaging. Claim still out with no responses to this day.

Had the same problem just last week. Got a record for $8 that usually went for $20 to $25. Seller indicated that handling would be 48 hrs and the delivery date would be Almost two weeks after end of auction with priority shipping. The expected delivery day came and went so I emailed him several times with no response so I opened a claim against him almost three weeks after the end of auction. I received the item four days after I filed the claim. He sent it media mail, which I paid priority pricing, and it came in a hardly taped minilla envelop a single cardboard backing piece with what was in the package on the outside. The spine was split all the way down and I'm missing corners from the packaging. Claim still out with no responses to this day.
there is nothing more frustrating than getting your record and you see a bubble mailer...or a manilla envelope. i feel your pain.

Like four or five years ago I won an American Nothing (name the band used b/t American Nightmare and GUTG) shirt for like $15. I figured it was almost too good to be true, but the dude sent an invoice and I paid him. Never heard from him again, I didn't file a claim in time, shit sucks. A few months later his username was "No longer active" on ebay so I imagine he pulled the same thing on multiple occasions. Not a lot you can do in these cases, one of many reasons I try to buy and sell on VC now instead, friendlier people and you will almost never get screwed.

It amazes me how much the Scion A/V promos sell for. I got several things from them for free (just sent them an email and got free records and CDs a week later) but if I can get a fair amount for them I'll totally unload them. One of my friends has that Enslaved LP, do you want me to ask him if he's willing to sell it for ~$20+shipping?

report them to ebay.

duh?

Actually, I think that reporting would lessen my chances of getting that item from that seller to zero. It would probably help the next buyer though, agree :)

Yeah but unfortunately you can't guarantee the seller will send the item to you. At least if you report him you'll get your money back

It amazes me how much the Scion A/V promos sell for. I got several things from them for free (just sent them an email and got free records and CDs a week later) but if I can get a fair amount for them I'll totally unload them. One of my friends has that Enslaved LP, do you want me to ask him if he's willing to sell it for ~$20+shipping?

This is the kind of stuff that makes VC worth the visit +1

Wow, yes please ask if its in mint condition :) Sorry if Im sounding like a jerk or smth, Im just looking a pristine copy of this :)