Socratic - Lunch for the Sky and S/T Vinyl

At the end of June Broken Heart Records will be releasing 2 Socratic Albums for the first time on vinyl. We will probably start a pre-order at the beginning or middle of June.

Here is the official release:

Socratic and Broken Heart Records have announced the release of both Socratic’s “Lunch for the Sky” (Special Edition) and their self titled album on vinyl for the very first time. Both have an expected late spring/early summer release and will be limited to 500 copies each. There will be three different colors for each album. You can see the tracklisting for each vinyl release below (slightly different than the CD versions).

Lunch for the Sky (Special Edition) will include the following tracks:

1. Theme From Your Mother’s Garden

2. Alexandria As Our Lens

3. Tear A Gash

4. I Don’t Wear A Coat

5. The Dense Indents

6. She’s The Type Of Girl

7. I Am The Doctor

8. U And Left Turns

9. Lunch For The Sky

10. We Burn Houses

11. Spots I’ve Been And Go

12. B To E

Socratic (the album) will include the following tracks:

1. The Critics

2. Curtain Call

3. Charlie Parker (Music Will Save His Soul)

4. Days I Did not Belong

5. Money On the Radio

6. Flowers in the Garden

7. Give & Take Two

8. Sister

9. Magnets Attract

10. Famous For Nothing

11. Think In Dreams

12. The Truth in Lies

You can follow us on facebook for more information. www.bhrrecords.com

Also I would like to think Justin Communique for starting the "How to press a record thread." If you want to start pressing records read it.

great... another person who posts on a message board and thinks it's cool to start a "label." hopefully you're smart enough to not have the same pitfalls as many of the other "labels" that sprouted up over the past year or two.

Everything I do is paid for before I do pre-orders. And pre-orders will not be done 3 months out. I am not going to over extend myself like mts. I am not doing this because it's "cool." I just wanted the albums I am doing so I decided to make it happen. I am pressing these for me. If others want them great. Any profit for the new album goes to the band I am not making a dime. Lunch for the sky Profit goes to drive-thru and Socratic. I get like 10%. So I am not doing this to make money. I Just have a list of bands I want on vinyl so I am making it happen.

great... another person who posts on a message board and thinks it's cool to start a "label." hopefully you're smart enough to not have the same pitfalls as many of the other "labels" that sprouted up over the past year or two.

Everything I do is paid for before I do pre-orders. And pre-orders will not be done 3 months out. I am not going to over extend myself like mts. I am not doing this because it's "cool." I just wanted the albums I am doing so I decided to make it happen. I am pressing these for me. If others want them great. Any profit for the new album goes to the band I am not making a dime. Lunch for the sky Profit goes to drive-thru and Socratic. I get like 10%. So I am not doing this to make money. I Just have a list of bands I want on vinyl so I am making it happen.

You don't have to explain yourself to anybody man. People are going to find something to complain about no matter what!

I just wanted the albums I am doing so I decided to make it happen.

I am pressing these for me.

I Just have a list of bands I want on vinyl so I am making it happen.

wow. just wow.

Socratic were at the tail end of the DTR era right? I never really checked them out but I definitely have piles of their stickers and a bunch of sampler CDs with some of their stuff laying around.

Yeah they released two albums and an ep on the label. Then finally released the s/t in January themselves. They were one on the bands left out in the cold when the label fall apart

Socratic were at the tail end of the DTR era right? I never really checked them out but I definitely have piles of their stickers and a bunch of sampler CDs with some of their stuff laying around.

Yeah they released two albums and an ep on the label. Then finally released the s/t in January themselves. They were one on the bands left out in the cold when the label fall apart

Yeah I remember that now. Bummer they got in at the wrong time

what a great move. cut out two songs rather than spend the extra money to go onto another LP so the entire album is included. probably could have mastered it at 45 instead of 33 to fill up both LP's more rather than just have 2 songs on the second LP with a blank side. you're pressing something you want on vinyl but cut corners in doing so. awesome.

what a great move. cut out two songs rather than spend the extra money to go onto another LP so the entire album is included. probably could have mastered it at 45 instead of 33 to fill up both LP's more rather than just have 2 songs on the second LP with a blank side. you're pressing something you want on vinyl but cut corners in doing so. awesome.

Do the 2xLP!

Would be interested in ordering a copy of Lunch for the Sky, maybe more depending on the colors and packaging.

Why did they cut off two songs from Lunch for the Sky? To fit on an LP? Any reason they chose those two songs to axe?

The Band decided to cut the two songs. They chose the songs. I was not involved in that decision.

• 1 month later...