John Nolan - Height (The Acoustic Sessions)

So, I kind of lost track of John Nolan after Straylight Run. I recently bought Songs I Wrote and, as much as I wanted to get into it, I just couldn't. Is this record along those same lines? Thinking about giving it a shot either way.

It's acoustic/stripped down, a lot more mellow than Songs I Wrote. The vocals are rawer. Closer in style to early Straylight than the EP, in my opinion.

I might throw the songs up online to stream somewhere. Haven't figured that out yet.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. Loved all of that early Straylight stuff. I'll plan on orderin one of those half/half's tonight.

Mike can correct me if I'm wrong, since I haven't heard The Acoustic Session... But maybe giving "Live at Looney Tunes" a listen might give you a better idea of what it'll sound like too. I like the solo stuff he's put out, but it's not even close to my favorite since I far prefer just him and a guitar or keyboard- since it reminds me A LOT of early Straylight stuff (which is my favorite).

Glad you asked your question since it might mean we'll all get a listen before the record comes! :)

Mike can correct me if I'm wrong, since I haven't heard The Acoustic Session... But maybe giving "Live at Looney Tunes" a listen might give you a better idea of what it'll sound like too. I like the solo stuff he's put out, but it's not even close to my favorite since I far prefer just him and a guitar or keyboard- since it reminds me A LOT of early Straylight stuff (which is my favorite).

Glad you asked your question since it might mean we'll all get a listen before the record comes! :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll go give that a listen.

Alright SO - we have bad news and good news. The bad news is I just found out today that Jeff Versoi will not be doing the test press jackets... life got in the way, these things happen. So the tests will be delayed. The good news is that John is going to do the hand-drawing and sign each test. So hopefully that makes up for the delay.

How has the split not sold out yet? I thought it'd be gone (based on nothing more than thinking that well over 100 people SHOULD want this... Haha!)

John doing the test jackets is really cool. He makes it easy to respect and like him.

Jeff did a handful that I'll have John sign too and either randomly insert in orders or offer up for those who would like a different jacket for their multiple variants. Any thoughts on that?

My vote would be randomly inserted in orders.

Order away! In an effort to keep from pulling money out of my bank account I cashed in the ol' change jar today. $30! Nearly enough to cover the John Nolan + They've Shot Flanigan. Now the waiting game begins!

And the wait won't be long, these left the plant yesterday. I expect them by the middle of next week, possibly earlier.