Warped Tour 2012

Well guys, I just went to warped tour yesterday and I have to say, very impressed! This is my third year and it was by far the best I've been to yet. It seemed to run much more efficiently then usual (except the set times were all pushed back 20 minutes) but yeah I had an awesome time! Taking Back Sunday killed it as well. What's your opinion on warped this year? Also what is your favorite year of warped that you attended?

I was there yesterday too. First one in a really long time (I think my last one was 10 years ago) and mainly went for Taking Back Sunday (actually won the eBay auction so got to stand on the side of the stage during their set). Thought it was good, but to be honest, I hung out in the shade for a lot of the day... Couldn't hang.

But yea, I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think I've ever seen TBS not put on a great show (but I'm definitely a huge fan so I may be biased).

I agree. There was a lot more punk/rock bands this year as apposed to all the hardcore bands last year. I also lucked out and got to meet Hayley Williams from Paramore cause I saw her hanging back stage with New Found Glory. (had a total fangirl moment) But it was such an awesome day, I hope it's this good next year!

IT was definitely a better line-up than last year. I wish the crowd control in and out were better, seeing as how they extremely f-d up the line going in and the traffic going out was nuts... 1 lane out of the entire place and NO traffic control. The set-up at Irvine was awesome though! I hope it comes back next year but with the traffic control.

haha I thought it made the day far more enjoyable... I guess they could have made the Beer Garden a smoking zone (but then those under 21 couldn't smoke). Either way, I enjoyed it. One of the first warped shows in quite some time that I haven't left after 2 hours. LOVED the fact that water was only $2 instead of $10

yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the lineup this year either... and last time I went in 2010 the heat almost killed me. For me, nothing can top 2008. Tons of great bands, and I'll never forget the first set I saw that day. The Briggs were playing and some idiot kid decided to do crowd surfing. Needless to say, the crowd wasn't dense enough, nobody caught him and he landed flat on his face right on the pavement. He was bleeding all over the place. The band literally stopped their set to get help for the kid. I don't think anything will top 2008 Warped for me again.

holy shit, showing my 'old age.'

my favorites were:

blink 182

pennywise

snot

social distortion

limp bizkit

sugar ray

hatebreed

deftones

h2o

snapcase

unwritten law

bad religion

rancid

mxpx

nofx

glassjaw

finch

used

thrice

andrew wk

box car racer

NERD

thursday

sevendust

eminem

pennywise

blink 182

less than jake

i'm sure there were so many others i saw i just can't remember. i can't compare to how they have been in recent years... the last one i was at was like 06 - 30 seconds to mars was there. i dont have the time to commit like i did before. wish i did. WAAAAAAAAH.

only went once, 1999, went to see hot water music play, got there at noon in cleveland, found they were playing at 1. saw eminem get booed, some mexican band iwth two bassists, green day played i think... oh and the vandals teling everyone to run over to the other side of the stage and start circl pitting. some terrible pop punk band was setting up, it was awesome.

only went once, 1999, went to see hot water music play, got there at noon in cleveland, found they were playing at 1. saw eminem get booed, some mexican band iwth two bassists, green day played i think... oh and the vandals teling everyone to run over to the other side of the stage and start circl pitting. some terrible pop punk band was setting up, it was awesome.

I think you're mixing your years. Eminem was on in 1999, Green Day played in 2000. I don't think HWM actually played Warped Tour until 2002 (that's the first year I remember seeing them, and I've been a fan since '98 or so), but it's possible I'm wrong on that one.

I think you're mixing your years. Eminem was on in 1999, Green Day played in 2000. I don't think HWM actually played Warped Tour until 2002 (that's the first year I remember seeing them, and I've been a fan since '98 or so), but it's possible I'm wrong on that one.

what the hell, did I go three times? maybe i did? i cannot remember now, this is bothering me

I had to have, i just looked on wikipedia... god damn! whelp, guess i can chalk up seeing Ice-T too!

haha! ice-t was supposed to be before eminem for our show in chicago... but he got sick? or something. in order it was: sevendust, fill in for ice-t (cant recall), black eyed peas (pre fergie of course and they got boo'd big time!), then eminem.

haha! ice-t was supposed to be before eminem for our show in chicago... but he got sick? or something. in order it was: sevendust, fill in for ice-t (cant recall), black eyed peas (pre fergie of course and they got boo'd big time!), then eminem.

holy shit I remember walking past all of this numerous times. so fucking hilarious looking back now as to who I was laughing at on stage.